Celebrate Festival of Nine Nights with IndusLadies - October 2010

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Bhuvanakrish
    Superb set-ups ya.Dasavatharam was too pretty.
    All your rangolis are on high-pitched efforts.Hats off to your arrangements.

Sumathi
    Your vilakku Amman istoo cute and innovative.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

2. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhuvan, welcome to Indus dear !!
    Liked your entire golu starting from the hanging lamps, ambal dressed so beautifully with the ambal face rangoli.....

Dear Sumati, your vilakku Lakshmi is so nice...

3. rkramadh

rkramadh New IL'ite

Here are my Dasara dolls display pics. My first time ever sharing pics online, hope you like them. I painted purple diyas to match purple color scheme for the arrangement and did some rangolis as well. I will upload those pics separately. As for the decorations, I taped purple paper on the fire place mantle and stuck stars and scroll designs on them. I really enjoy working on Dasara dolls display each year.

Attached Files:

4. rkramadh

rkramadh New IL'ite

More pics of diyas and some other dolls plus my son's lego creations for Dasara!

Attached Files:

5. bhuvanakrishn

bhuvanakrishn New IL'ite

thanks to all who have appreciated my golu

bhuvanakrishnan

rama
    your golu is wonderful.marapachi dress is very grand.blue background is superb I would love to see a pic of your entire golu
    thanks
    bhuvanakrishnan

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2010
  6. sandy_j23

sandy_j23 Senior IL'ite

Hi friends

We had kept a 5 step tradtional kolu. Apart from that we had also kept
    Garuda Vahanam, commonwealth games, Enthiran audio release,Paul octopus of FIFA fame,World tamil conference(semmozhi manadu), kalinga narthanam .Kindly find the photos enclosed

We used to do daily puja (durga, lakshmi, saraswathi) and do neivedhaym with different types of sundal each day

Regards
    Sandhya

Attached Files:

7. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

bhuvana

your ambal and rangoli looks great

Sumitra ravi your lakshmi villaku is neatly placed

rkramadh

your marapachi looks lovely , rama and sita crossing the river gugan rowing , Krishna and his rasa leela

Sandhya

your parks and common wealth looks cute

It is most unfortunate that you were not able to participate in the competition. All the best for the future

8. nalak

nalak New IL'ite

Hi All,

This is my first golu. We never had a tradition of arranging golu in our family. I was inspired by lot of ladies in Indus ladies and planned to start golu this year.

I am not entering the competion. Just wanted to share the golu pictures with you for your feedback. Mine is a simple one as I could hardly find any time for decorations amidst of 2 kids and hectic schedule in IT industry.

To start with I made a marriage set with the fancy dolls. Dressed them with various traditional wears of India. Also made Thiruvannamalai girivalam set with clay and artificial plants.All the other dolls were purchased at Kuralagam and Mylapore.

Thanks to my husband who arranged the padi with carton boxes overnight, Mother in law who helped me with puja procedures and neivedyam receipes and above all all ILites who came with a bunch of tips who made my first Golu memorable

Thanks
    Nala

Attached Files:

9. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

RKRamadh...excellent golu....being a favourite for purples, really adored the decoration all in purple including the rangolis dear....well done...

Sandhya........mindblowing golu dear.........the Garuda Vahana, the park are all too good....well done my friend !1

Nalak.........atta gal !! first of all thanks for compiling all the tips and suggestions as a PDF format.......
    Secondly your golu is superb......cannot imagine it is simple....the Girivalam and the dolls so nicely decorated has added to the attraction of your golu....well done dear !!

Best wishes to all of you.....

10. gomz11

gomz11 New IL'ite

Navrathri golu photos -Dehradun

Hi all

I am Gomathi Rao in Dehradun and i would like post my pictures of Navrathri golu 2010. We also conducted Soundarya lahiri in 9 different houses and it was a wonderful experience.
    Can u please tell me how to upload photos?

Regards

M Gomathi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.