1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cease Fire

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Feb 14, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very true Shyamala. When one decides to be on a diet, all one can think of is food, food and more food. It starts to feel like a punishment. So best is to eat just when hungry and in sensible amounts and then let the body do it's own thing.

I realized docs who have no solution to your problems shift the onus and blame on you and make you feel guilty for your weight. Not that they can help you even after you lose weight!

2. satchitananda

Ratan, each diet of mine has lasted months. And when I think things have stabilized the weight starts creeping up with a vengeance. So 21 day therapy??? Am not so sure of that.

ratan likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Nice post Satchi. By God's grace I never had problem .I was always thin only after menopause put on little weight. Again now due to health problems I have lost weight everyone says.

I think putting on weight is not because of food. I am a foodie and eat well and like to have sweets . My husband has good control on eating. Actually he has control on everything. Very difficult for me to be like him My policy is to enjoy life

satchitananda likes this.
  4. satchitananda

Touch wood Vijima! You are fortunate. May you enjoy good health and good food all your life. :)

iyerviji likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thanks dear for your good wishes

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@satchitananda
    My dear Satchi
    A famous astrologer here who was also the Governor of Lions Club and was extremely rich, committed suicide. He was an excellent man and was very philanthropic. He was my personal friend too and his suicide shocked me. I was told that he had predicted a date for his end and was getting extremely restless as the day neared. Unable to bear this agony, he put an end to his life a day before he had predicted his end.
    This, of course, is nothing compared to the suicide of Cleopatra ans Mark Antony.
    It is better to be an ordinary man and run through the full course of life!
    Sri

7. satchitananda

Strange are the ways of the world. Suicide for this reason seems so bizarre! People are most unpredictable indeed.

8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

9. satchitananda

Thanks Amica! Yes, long live the BoPo movement. I went to the shops a few days ago to pick up some summer friendly clothes. Had to travel a long way, but was totally worth it. Was so delighted to find clothes for real people and not Barbie dolls and was even more thrilled to have to get one altered down!!! :cheer::banana:

Amica likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Thanks Amica! Yes, long live the BoPo movement. I went to the shops a few days ago to pick up some summer friendly clothes. Had to travel a long way, but was totally worth it. Was so delighted to find clothes for real people and not Barbie dolls and was even more thrilled to have to get one altered down!!! :cheer::banana: