1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cease Fire

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Feb 14, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Every year I used to make resolutions to better myself in every way! Before you say you have read this mantra before, let me acknowledge that though I have been considering writing it for a while, CS's (@Cheeniya) most recent thread has in no mean way pushed me to transform thought into deed. (There! The first way I have improved myself in my own minuscule way!!!) Not that I am minuscule in any way and that is what this snippet is all about.

My resolutions never got too far. They were normally forgotten before the 15th of Jan. So I made a resolve. I would never make a resolve. And I have stuck to that resolve very effectively and consistently. :clap2:

As for self-improvement books, I heard one famous author of such books in the '80s committed suicide. I wonder why he did not take his own advice! :neutral:

As for other efforts at self-improvement, I tried various methods such as chanting "moti weight" 108 times to guilt trip myself into losing some. I wonder why. What made me think thin was better than fat? :confused:Friends, relatives, other animals and body-shaming docs did that. :BangHead: Anyway, my life has been one of the battle of the bulge. From being anorexic at the age of 14, thanks to the combined efforts of all around me to fad diets, sensible ones combined with exercises ..... the whole gamut - well, I can't blame myself for not trying. However, I have started believing myself now. Who said fat is ugly/unhealthy and thin is beautiful/healthy? :thinking: One more of the fixed notions - I mean fixed for a decade or two before society and scientists change their minds. Well, if they can all change their minds, I can change mine as well. :mad: So for now, I have laid down my arms, declared cease fire and have decided to see how fat my body can get! This is my latest decision, until I change my mind again! Is this the end of the battle of the bulge? I hope so, but honestly, I don't know! Time will tell.

kaniths, Amica, iyerviji and 7 others like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

Battle of the bulge has been my biggest fight in my life as well. My father was regularly telling me that I should only eat 80% of what I need to live in order to regulate my eating habits. I never listened to him. He always told that taste is only a few minutes of enjoyment and as soon as it crosses the barrier of tongue, only what is needed is absorbed by the body and the rest is a waste. He asked me to focus on what is needed for the body as opposed to the wants of the tongue.

The consequences of not listening to him has been severe to me throughout my life. If I walk and eat less, my weight goes down but my feet burns a lot if I walk a lot. Don't yet give up. Who knows? There could be a magic bullet from the medical field to remain at the same weight no matter how much we eat. Let us hope and pray for such a solution that bridges the gap between our desire to eat and maintaining the weight. That is why I showed my anger on the weighing machine in my earlier snippet called, "Scary Machine".

Viswa

3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Moti-weight :smiley: Interesting snippets ma'am:thumbup:

:lol: Rightly said!! Who declared fat is ugly..:confundio1:

however overweight is not good. Personal exp.

I don't really remember what was my working hours...Mechanical life style..Sleep Eat Work Eat Work Eat Sleep :BangHead: Even in dreams I will be unlocking the workpapers :sleeping:
    My lunch mates would be surprised with the size of my lunch box. meaning is this enough for you :rage: I was gaining weight not because of my food habits but work style (stress):facepalm: The story continued like this for half a decade and finally one day I was asked to take some blood tests and I found some weird result :eek: Ouch at this stage neither I wanted to quit my job nor try elsewhere so I decided to stick to the same organization....
    I don't like open ended stories likewise I decided to give a climax. I wasn't able to focus on my health so finally I switched my job...and the fun is even after quitting there is not much change in my life style. However I am happy :banana::banana: I'm on proper diet and little cautious about health. I would always suggest we need to have a check on our BMI. Stay fit and healthy. Small little changes also lead to big disaster in future.

Too Lean is also not a good sign.

Thank you.

ratan, GeetaKashyap, shravs3 and 2 others like this.
  4. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Not a forgettable one @Viswamitra Sir.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Adharv,

Stressful work life is a habit carried over no matter where we work. Isn't it? :)

Take care.

Adharv likes this.
  6. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Sandhegame vendam (no doubt at all) sir. There is no stress-free job and that was one reason why I stayed in the same organization for long time (known devil is better than unknown devil (unknown devil thanunga) ) but working inside the pressure cooker is really hard sir. I don't regret for quitting my beloved job because that was not my glass of water. I even feared if my family would receive my life insurance :lol::lol: I don't blame my job too but now I am.little bored of blaming myself so I had point out at work :p
    I still have hopes that I will.one day settle down in the right place...thedal on process! :thumbsup:
    Good night.thank you.

7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    Did you observe one thing? Fat people are jolly, do not get angry easily and people around them are comfortable with them. This is a positive aspect.
    In contrast lean people look famish, always the thought of not eating their favourite dishes (they can think about them.... Thinking does not increase weight). This aspect is the uppermost thing in their brain. Everything else in life takes a back seat!!!!
    Health.... Lean and fat people both have health problems! So, moderate in everything. Do not just gets obsessed.
    Syamala

satchitananda and shravs3 like this.
  8. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Before making any resolution , one should make a resolution beforehand not to forget at least 21 days.:hello:. 21days therapy works. Lets weight gain but not it's repercussions.:grimacing:

satchitananda likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Dear Viswa,

That was a very interesting write up and your anger is indeed well founded. I totally empathize with your anti-scale sentiments. Also read your more recent snippet with the same title. Amazed at the discipline you have to keep a record of every parameter day in and day out, year after year.

I am waiting for that magic medical bullet which will target just the fat cells and add joy and enthusiasm to life. :)

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Thanks so much Adharv for the lovely feedback.