1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

CBSE Syllabus and textbooks for KG/1st Class

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Pavarun, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

Is there a fixed syllabus for KG in India (CBSE) or do schools make up their own lesson plans for the target 1st class?

Also do schools/bookstores sell CBSE syllabus and 1st Class textbooks (for non-students)? I checked National Council Of Educational Research And Training :: Home website but there is only the outline of the syllabus (only table of contents) and not the entire contents. Same goes fo online textbooks. It has only the first few pages.

Any information will be appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Sindhu - The link you gave does let you download the whole textbook (atleast it did let me download the whole of the English text for Class 1). You have to click on individual unit headings on the Table of Contents page and you can download that chaper in pdf. Hope it works for you.

V.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sindhu

follow this link for the textbooks..and you can save all the chapters individually as pdf.

NCERT Textbooks

But kg1 and kg2 do not have a textbook. it is more like a comprehensive book for term1, term2 and term3 with all that has to be covered as far as i know. but schools do have textbooks according to their own prescription. if a school follows stream A- i think they have second language from ukg. if stream b- they have second language from 1st..

4. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much, Vanathi and Shanthi!

It never occurred to me to click on the chapters individually....

Shanthi, what is Stream A and Stream B? Are these standard terms (all schools follw one of the two?)
    Also for LKG and UKG do the kids get textbooks (school-followed)? or is there simply no textbooks at all?

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sindhu,

Some schools follow stream A and others stream B..when we were in the gulf we had some schools following a and others b. even in chennai i heard some schools start second language in 1st standard only.

Regarding textbooks, i think you could just post the query in the schools forum maybe one of the parents whose kid goes to ukg will answer. to the best of my knowledge few schools have individual text books for all subjects. and in others it is a three book..single book having maths,english, value education, general knowledge and environmental studies.

6. sheeba123

sheeba123 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Currently the online text book download page is unavailble. Can some one send me the PDF text book files for KG.

Thanks

7. tulasi1982

tulasi1982 New IL'ite

[hello there,

My nane is tulasi and I amfrom London I wanted to know about the syllabus of standard 1 in cbsc can you pls tell me the site...

tulasi

QUOTE=Shanvy;753416]Sindhu

follow this link for the textbooks..and you can save all the chapters individually as pdf.

NCERT Textbooks

But kg1 and kg2 do not have a textbook. it is more like a comprehensive book for term1, term2 and term3 with all that has to be covered as far as i know. but schools do have textbooks according to their own prescription. if a school follows stream A- i think they have second language from ukg. if stream b- they have second language from 1st..[/QUOTE]

8. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Hi Tulasi,

here is the link for downloading the NCERT textbooks.

Download NCERT Text Books

One question to others, Does all the CBSE schools use the NCERT text books??

Thanks,

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My DD goes to a CBSE school. They don't use the NCERT text books(Std III). My friend's DD goes to a different CBSE school and has a different set of books(also not NCERT and a different set from my child's). You could use the NCERT books as a guideline to tell you how much a kid at that class level should know.

L

10. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite