CBSE or ICSE which one is best as of today's world......

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by sukr, Jun 29, 2011.

1. sukr

sukr New IL'ite

Hi,

Any idea as to which syllabus is best for children whether CBSE or ICSE?

2. Anucmj123

Anucmj123 New IL'ite

Hai i think cbse....is best.if u select any other,it will help the child til +2.after it allchildrens frm all sylbsare going one way.

3. lakshmi13

lakshmi13 Gold IL'ite

Hi

More than the syllabus, it is the school that matters. CBSE is more practical based in approach. ICSE is based on indepth study. The contents of both the syllabus are similar with a few changes in the Question Paper pattern and in Languages. I have studied in an ICSE convent school and am presently looking after the administration of a CBSE school. If the teachers are good in their teaching technique, there is not much difference.

4. poornikalyan

poornikalyan New IL'ite

hi...
    presently my son is studying ukg in cbse school... but i am in a dilemma whether to contuine with cbse or opt to Igcse... .. also can u suggest schools in south bangalore which give importance to extra curricular activities..

5. sowmya4

sowmya4 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

CBSE prepares students for Medical & Engg, there life becomes a lot easier when they are in 11th & 12th.
    For example they'll be solving trignometry in class 8 and 9, A lot of them who don't study these things at an early stage find it tough when they reach 11th & 12th so basically there life becomes a lot easier.

ICSE on the other hand is for students who want to specialize in Management.

Bottom line CBSE is a lot easier compare to ICSE. I know a lot of people who could'nt cope with ICSE & ended up taking SSC.

Sowmya