Castration for Paedophiles

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by PriyaKat, Feb 20, 2012.

1. PriyaKat

PriyaKat Silver IL'ite

Additional Sessions Judge,( New Delhi), Kamini Lau, has recommended Castration , by surgical or chemical methods, as a punishment for convicted rapists, especially sex maniacs like paedophiles.
    She regretted that Judges cannot as yet grant such sentences because our Laws have not yet made such provisions. But she has repeatedly noted in her sentences that we need to protect our children from evil minded people and nothing will send a stronger message to would -be rapists than a punishment like Castration. " The message has to be loud and clear : Do not mess with a child " she said, equating paedophiles to "live sex bombs" posing grave danger to innocent lives.

Whenever I read any news of atrocity on children I always feel murderous rage and I have always felt such criminals should be castrated . Many others have said I am over reacting with unnecessarily violent thoughts. Now after reading what the Judge said, I am releived that some others , in responsible positions ,too feel the need to have such deterrants to curb the growing menace of paedophiles. Hope our Law makers take serious note of this recommendation.

Please share your views on this.
    Thank you.

2. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

Judge Kamini Lau should make it as a law. Every time I hear of rape I always felt 7yrs was too lenient.

3. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

This is the one situation where my reason does say goodbye. I have often thought of this solution...it is impossible to be detached when a child is involved. I do know that in some cases...some cases the perpetrator's sexual behavior is so impaired because they were victims sexual abuse. And I know that a retaliational procedure doesn't answer always...but it does bother me. What do we do with female pedophiles?