1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Case of a beautiful sister - True story.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rrg, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Dear All,
    Greetings!
    Now that I am barred from writing on my favorite topic, MILs & DILs, by DW, I propose to write on my teachers. Keeping my fingers crossed whether this topic also would be banned, incase DW happens to come across this post.
    As they say, “Make hay while the sun shines”, isn’t it? We will cross the bridge when we come to it.
    Cheers, Rrg

Case of a beautiful sister - True story.​
    Year :1957

I was a student of 2nd standard in a Primary School in Madras. Incidentally, I was also the class monitor. I took my duties as leader of my class mates very seriously and extended it even beyond school premises. Thus, if I happen to notice something amiss in them anywhere, either I would try to correct it myself or bring it to the notice of the class teacher at the earliest. Needles to say, I was the favourite of the teachers that I was associated with.

One day, after school hours, I noticed an argument between two of my class mates - as to whose elder sister was more beautiful. The argument reached such levels that suddenly both of them started crying. Being a Libran, I hate arguments and fights in general. I tried telling my classmates that both their ‘akkas’ were beautiful in their own way. But they wouldn’t listen. I somehow managed to avoid a fist fight between them and sent them homewards.
    Next morning, I noticed the boys arguing once again on the same issue, outside our school premises. Each of them had brought a photograph of their respective sibling and waving it at the other to prove his point with a couple of class mates on either side to support their claim. This time I could do nothing. I could see that the issue has already gone beyond me.

Once we assembled in the class, as the class monitor, I brought this to the notice of our Class teacher Vaithy. Vaithy was bachelor - about 25 years old.
    V immediately called up the two boys and demanded to see the photographs of their elder sisters. He thereafter said he would carefully study the photographs for a day and give his verdict the next day. The boys were happy. He asked the boys not to talk about this to anyone.

The next day, V told the class that instead of deciding the issue between the two boys alone, he would like to expand the scope of his study to the entire class. He asked all the boys, who have elder sisters over 16 years of age, to bring their photographs, if they consider them beautiful. Those who do not have sisters of their own, were free to bring photographs of neighborhood akkas. The winner, whose akka gets the top billing, would be given a chocolate, he announced. All the same, he asked the boys to be discreet and not talk about the competition at home. Many boys brought photographs of various sizes. Some even brought their mom’s photos, but such entries were straight away rejected.

I asked my elder sister for a photograph of her's, of course without mentioning the purpose. She didn’t have any ready with her. But, as the class leader, I didn’t want to be left out of the competition. So, I approached my next best bet. She was very curious as to why I was seeking a photograph of hers. As she was not from my household, I thought it was OK if I revealed the purpose to her. With that all ‘hell broke loose’.

She complained to the Head Master. HM immediately called V and pulled him up badly. He was ordered to return the photographs to the respective boys. V escaped sacking by the skin of his teeth. He was given a stern warning and asked to behave himself, if he cared for his job. I was given a pat on my back for saving the school‘s reputation. I couldn’t understand anything, excepting that V had done something which was not to the liking of HM. All the same, I felt sorry for V as I liked him a lot.

That evening Vaithee took me aside and asked me as to what prompted me to approach the ‘other’ akka for a photograph. I told him that I thought the competition rules permitted me to do so.

“Oh, NO! Not when she was your 1st standard teacher in the same scool” he hissed, staring at me.

So much for remembering my first two teachers on the Teacher’s day, 5th Sept!:rotfl
    Anbudan,
    Rrg

18 people like this.

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

Dear RRG,
    very hilarious post..couldnt stop laughing..

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Poor V. I feel sorry for him. Those days we didn't have TV or Facebook. Poor guy. You wers such meant class monitor.

What happened to your teacher V???

Teacher V wanted to teach the students about the beauty of women. You spoiled it for the kid who would have learned from him.

If it is in Tamil movie, you would have married his daughter. hahaha!!!!!
    Very funny as usual.
    CL

2 people like this.
  4. abi445

abi445 Silver IL'ite

Hai Rrg,
    I was reading like novel what would happen next? But ends with smiling and laughs at last. Nice story, ofcourse it is true.

5. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Good one RRG :)

I wonder why the teacher wanted pics of the sisters. Sounded very odd. If he wanted to teach the real meaning of beauty, he could have done it in many other ways. THe HM was right in pulling up the teacher. That teacher would think a lot before try out such experiments again :p

6. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Thanks Sushma.
    Pleased to know you liked the post.
    Cheers,
    Rrg

7. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Had a hearty laugh RRg.. It was so sweet of those 2 boys to fight for their sister... :)
    And you very obedient class leader picked a right person to bring this plot to light... :D

ilt

8. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Thanks CL, for your comments.
    Me mean? What do you mean?? I only tried to expand the competition base. Who knows we will have spoil sports like Radha teacher amidst us? :)
    V was fine. He continued with that school atleast for 5 more years, as I knew.
    I was instantly out of his close circle. But, all the same, he had a healthy respect for me till I left.
    A small correction. Had it been a Tamil movie, V would have ended up marrying Radha teacher. By the time they bring out Jr Radha, I would have gone out of contention - being over 10 years age difference. he he. :) (I don't understand why you wish such FIL for me. Can't you think of someone with tonnes of money with a lonely daughter yearning for company. etc etc.).
    Cheers,
    Rrg

1 person likes this.
  9. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Nice memory of your TeacherS, RrG Sir [​IMG]

10. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Very nice story Rrg. Enjoyed every bit of it. But this akka was a bit of a spoit sport, wasn't she? Poor V. Did he manage to get married ever? Worth inquiring, don't you think?

ojaantrik