1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Carrying suitcases while travelling has become less

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 4, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Earlier everyone used to carry suitcases while travelling. Getting into a train with them used to be difficult.

But now a days very few people carry suitcase. You can see many people carrying bags and many of the bags are similar and can get exchanged also if we dont put some remark in our bags.

Those who give these bags as gifts during New Year or Diwali put their Company's name on it.

Now a days for marriages we get small bags some with zips and some without zips which can be carried while going out . Our house is filled with those kind of bags. Some I gave to my maid.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, Happy Diwali.

I miss the old trunks and holdall when we travel. It was a pleasure to sit on trunk. We used fight among cousins who get to sit on it. What about the tiffen carrier and Kuja ( for water). I miss all those stuff.

I love thee bags made of clothes and jute. It is very light to carry. I carry my lunch, water and coffee in one of the store bag form Madras. Some of them have God or Goddess pictures too. Since I live in bay area, there is no problems from Americans. They always say how wonderful it is. Only our people make fun of it. I ignore them.
    Thanks for reminding the good old days.
    Have a wonderful day. What color sari did you wear today?

3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Coffee lover

I am going to Bangalore for a marriage and for 100th birthday of my brother's sammandhi'sfather. My sister is also there in Bangalore, so will stay with her and have along talk.

I had packed all my clothes in two bags but my husband said put it in a suitcase it will be easy to carry. He was saying dont carry too many clothers. When going to a marriage you have to take some sarees na. However you try to reduce the bags it become smore only. Now because of Diwali have to carry sweets and savouries also for them.

I wore a Red saree with yellow border given by me manni for tying rakhi to my brother.Glad to know you also like these bags.

love
    viji