1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Career Opportunities For Prospective H4 Women

Discussion in 'New to Bay Area' started by Shonukli, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Shonukli

Shonukli New IL'ite

Hi..
    Just registered on Indus Ladies. Looking forward to some wonderful conversations.

Am originally from Thane, Maharashtra, India. Currently living in Los Altos, California with my husband. Am on F2 Visa.

Considering I will get my H4 Visa in some time, what are the opportunities I have in terms of education and jobs.

I have been working in a Bank in India since 2009. I graduated in Commerce. Then, did MA in English Literature (Part 1).

Being on F2, I know I cant do much, as of now. Am looking for volunteering opportunities and the like.

But, I'd like to know what professions/work opportunities do I have here?

Please give suggestions..

2. PriyaFrnz

PriyaFrnz New IL'ite

Hi Dear,
    Mostly on h4 you can do many volunteering activities and assist non profit orgs.
    For starters you can join some groups which assist women shelters and need active people.
    Even Indian communities and temples here need volunteers.
    One of my known folks started taking care of dogs in the community and took them for a walk , feed them etc. Like a dog day care. I am not sure you require license for it though.
    Hope you find interesting opportunities here.

sindmani likes this.
  3. Janhavi1

Janhavi1 New IL'ite

Hiee
    Don't know if its a coincidence or wat but my story is exactly the same as urs is why i felt like leaving you a message.I am from Mumbai ...worked wd SBI since 2009 and hv recently shifted to Bay Area(Sunnyvale). I share the same dilemma as yours , so was just hoping to connect wd u :)

4. Janhavi1

Janhavi1 New IL'ite

Hiee
    Don't know if its a coincidence or wat but my story is exactly the same as urs is why i felt like leaving you a message.I am from Mumbai ...worked wd SBI since 2009 and hv recently shifted to Bay Area(Sunnyvale). I share the same dilemma as yours , so was just hoping to connect wd u :)

5. niharika2188

niharika2188 New IL'ite

Hope to get a job soon. All the best to all