Career in financial services........Money+Power+Contacts

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Nettem, Oct 2, 2011.

1. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Hi Nettem!
    Your words inspired me a lot. I want to start in the world of finance initially to manage my hubbs and my finances ,i am a novice though since i am a doctor not a finance expert.how do i go about? like stocks,MF,fd etc..kindly advice.
    Thanks
    Radha

2. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Nettem, As usual an informative post from you!Very well written post from you.I admire the quest you have on variety of subjects.

3. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

4. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

5. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

Certification in Intellectual Property Licensing ---Certified Licensing Professional

The Certified Licensing Professional (CLP) program, offered by The Licensing Executives Society International (LESI) recognizes professionals who have demonstrated their experience and proficiency in the licensing and commercialization of Intellectual Property(IP). The designation is built on internationally applicable standards of professional practice with the goal of providing greater visibility to the licensing professional with added creditability and prestige.

Certified Licensing Professionals
    Certified Licensing Professional
    Licensing Executives Society International - LESI

In India
    LES India

1 person likes this.
  6. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Global Certifications in HR.....

Hi Vasantha, Thanks for sharing

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear sister,

Good one indeed, admire your presenatation... on the subject will come back again

1 person likes this.
  8. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

Female MBA or Business School Grads Report 45% Rise In Salary...

Business school women of the Class of 2011 reported sizable increases over their pre-degree salaries of 45%, outpacing the average increase of 39% for men, according to the Graduate Management Admission Council. Overall, 84% of the women in the Class of 2011 were employed at the time of graduation, and nine out of 10 said they got the type of job they wanted.

Picture-111.JPG

PLZ do visit other thread of mine "Atheism as Religion...."
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/q...-spirituality/160875-atheism-as-religion.html

9. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

The Real Cost of an MBA at TOP Business Schools in USA

PFA doc.

What’s the most expensive two-year MBA program you can take? You might be surprised to learn it isn’t Harvard or Stanford, or Wharton or Chicago, or Dartmouth or Yale. Instead, priciest MBA is being sold by Columbia Business School. Columbia estimates that the cost of its two-year, full-time MBA program in New York is a whopping $168,307.

Harvard Business School Dean Nitin Nohria said earlier this week that the cost of a Harvard MBA is less than several other top rivals. “We are at the middle of the pack when it comes to the top ten schools,” he said in a wide-ranging interview with The Financial Times. By the estimates of the total cost of the degree posted on business school websites, he’s actually being somewhat conservative. Harvard comes in as the seventh most expensive MBA program among the top 20 U.S. business schools.

Not only is Columbia number one, but the school Columbia also ends up on another extreme end of this list of premium-priced degrees. Columbia reports the lowest percentage of MBA students who are receiving financial aid from the school–just 55%, well below the 81% at Duke, the 80% at Dartmouth, or the 75% at Stanford.

The total cost of the Columbia program includes two years worth of tuition, fees, books, and the estimated costs to live in New York City. But as often is the case, these numbers are often conservative. Yale’s School of Managment makes clear that its esimates assume a “modest lifestyle.” Cornell informs applicants on its website that its estimate of $11,250 a year for living expenses is “based on the cost of sharing a moderately priced apartment” at a cost of $700 a month rent and putting aside $425 a month for food.

Most MBAs at elite schools will find it hard to live on that budget, especially in New York, Boston, Chicago, or San Francisco. Indeed, perhaps to make these estimates more believable to applicants, Cornell goes out of its way to note, “It is much easier to live like a student when you are a student than to live like a student when you are earning $90,000 annually. If you were to reduce your student loans from $50,000 to $40,000 you would save approximately $121 per month in student loan payments.”

TOTAL COST ESTIMATES ARE VERY CONSERVATIVE.

In almost all cases, these “total cost” numbers–taken from the school’s websites–are very conservative estimates. Wharton’s $168,000 pricetag, for example, fails to include the cost of its Global Immersion Program, which ranges from $5,800 to $7,800, or the inevitable cost to join clubs, attend conferences and “parties,” which Wharton estimates at $860 a year. Those two omissions alone add 6% to the total cost estimate of an MBA degree. Stanford’s estimate of the total cost of its MBA degree doesn’t include a required “global study tour” which costs about $4,000. In most cases, you can expect the “total cost estimate” to be 10% to 20% higher, given your lifestyle preferences and desire to take full advantage of the MBA experience.

The costs of non-U.S. MBA programs can vary widely, especially because in Europe one-year programs are especially popular. London Business School’s 21-month MBA program looks like a bargain if you believe the estimate: $134,152, with $77,854 of that going to pay tuition. The accelerated 10-month MBA program at INSEAD in Fontainebleau, France, costs just $102,714 (with about $73,000 of that for tuition). Of course, that’s the estimate from INSEAD for living expenses, food, and travel. Could you live in France on $30,000 over those ten months? Perhaps if you lived in a trailer or a tent.

PLZ do visit the other thread of mine "Atheism as Religion...."
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/q...-spirituality/160875-atheism-as-religion.html

Attached Files:

10. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Re: Female MBA or Business School Grads Report 45% Rise In Salary...

Dear Sister,

Nobody is content with what they do, by applying the sampling in the larger perspective.

The contenment of life satisfaction is totally a turn around unlike yesteryears,

Thanks for sharing...

1 person likes this.