1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Care for roses

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by shari2003, Feb 16, 2012.

1. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I have a few roses in my garden, some of them are button size and rest are normal ones. They were growing quite well, but, recently they have started having problems. Some of the leaves have turned yellow, with dark brown spots on them. They soon fall off. The rest of the leaves have started crumbling up. The sizes of flowers have drastically reduced and the buds/ flowers are not healthy too. Have anyone experienced these problems? How do you care for them?

Also, my hibiscus plants have some worms. These worms fold up the leaves and lay eggs within. I try plucking away and crushing, but, doesnt help much as they are spreading at a rapid pace. Could somebody help with this problem?

1 person likes this.

2. hariprasathu

hariprasathu New IL'ite

Dear friend,
    you can use little manure especially "used tea powder". You can get it free from your nearest Chai wala.

The reason for the yellow spots in the leaves may be either because of lack of plant food in soil or the antibiotism of the plant is reduced due to some artificial factors. please observe carefully and find if any tiny pests suck the plant fluid.

For Hibiscus add some kitchen waste and water after tilling the plant soil.

Kindly do let me know the plant response. thanks

1 person likes this.