1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Car Seat Suggestions

Discussion in 'Infants' started by GoneGirl, Jul 12, 2016.

1. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Hi IL's,

I am looking to buy a car seat and am confused with the options available.
    For a new born, would you suggest an Infant car seat or a convertible car seat? (Looking at Graco Snug ride vs Graco 4ever all in one)
    All suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

I bought Graco FastAction Fold Sport Stroller Click Connect Travel System. The infant car seat comes with the stroller. My baby is 9-month-old, I must be changing the infant car seat when he turns 1 year old.
    The stroller is very good, I have to say its a good deal for the price.

3. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the reply blindpup!

4. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@GoneGirl
    I also bough Graco FastAction Fold Sport Stroller Click Connect Travel System but did not use the Infant car seat much. After he turned 1 I again spend $400 for a toddler car seat.

If you will not be travelling much with the baby, I would suggest buy a convertible once and stroller separately.

blindpup10 likes this.
  5. blindpup10

@GoneGirl-Yes, that's a good suggestion. I used the stroller and infant car seat to the maximum- I took the baby out every day for a walk. Therefore the car seat was beneficial.
    @viki123-
    What is the next care seat called? and please give me details on the toddler seat. My pediatrician told us to go for a 6 point care seat. Is this the one did you go for? what is your suggestion on toddler car seat?

6. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Thanks Viki and blindpup.

I may not use the stroller much as it will be winter soon and may not get out that much with the baby..

7. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@blindpup10
    The next one called toddler seat i think. We bouth "Britax Boulevard UltimateComfort Series ClickTight Convertible Car Seat - Circa". Since he started daycare and we would travelling daily we bought this one.

We also have an another car seat given by my college, i don't know its name but its also Britax, but not a good as this. That is fine for short drives or local, and we are using it as a backup for our 2nd car.

@GoneGirl
    If you think you will not use stroller much, i would suggest get used one from your friends or family and try that first.
    I bought graco travel system, but hardly used it.
    Car seat I used it only for hospital visits or while going out which was very rare. I took him for walk after he was 4 months and weather for good. At that time i used make him sit in the stroller directly with some pillow support. Once he started walking he refused to sit in stroller. Now he is 2, if i take stroller with me he is more interested in pushing it rather than sitting in it.

blindpup10 likes this.
  8. blindpup10

@viki123- Thanks for the suggestion.I will look into it.
    Is Britax worth the money? How many years will the toddler seat be used?
    Our pediatrician tells us that we need to keep the baby rear facing... is it safer ? Any difference in rear facing or the front facing from your experience?

9. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

I feel Britax is worth. As per federal law baby it is recommended to be rear faceed till 24 months. But my DS would not sit and no matter how engaged we keep him. After one we changed to front (I think it also depends on state law) and it made my life/drive easier.
    For me i did not fell any difference as along as they are fasten well. If you kids is fine with rear face, please continue its much safer than front facing.

blindpup10 likes this.
  10. blindpup10

@viki123- thanks a lot for sharing your your experience. I really appriciate it.