1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Can't stop eating

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Rums, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Hi Ils,

i am back for some advice. It's almost winter and I can't stop eating. If I workout I feel more hungry and end up eating more. Because of this I slack in working out. I can't stop eating. I just eat too much junk food. It's very frustrating. Any advice?.

Thx

2. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

I would not say Eat less but would say Replace your junk Food with Healthy food .....

Junk food may satisfy our tongue but it makes us hungry soon ....

3 people like this.
  3. rekhanew

rekhanew Silver IL'ite

Hi, Try drinking lot of water which will make you feel less hungrier. If it is very cold out there... try drinking warm water...

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I agree with SGA, replace the junk food with healthy alternates like fruits and nuts.

5. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Ok try this, don't buy snacks, especially junk foods, chips, chocolates, all fat items. Make sure your snack box have only eatables that is good for health. Replace nuts and dry fruits when you are tempted to eat something. Or fruits like banana, strawberry, anything. Have heavy healthy breakfast you wont get tempted between BF and lunch time. Have healthy light evening snack and say no to any junk till dinner.
    It will be more tempting to eat, when we have many junk in our house. Give a try.

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

When you have junk food at home you are tempted to eat it. If you dont then you dont have any chooice even if you have the cravings.So if possible dont store any junk snacks at home.Its not good for anyone be it us,kids or any adult. Try to munch on high fiber items or fruits with higher water content when you feel like.It will keep you full. Also sip water religiously,that keeps your tummy full and mind out of any hunger pangs.
    The junk snacks wont be enough to satiate the hunger of both tummy and mind.Esp mind which makes us dig in for more.

Also may be you can paste some quotes across your home...like on fridge,cabinets if kitchen etc which will remind you to eat healthy.Like "Once on lips,forever on hips", "A good workout cant outweigh a bad diet" etc

1 person likes this.
  7. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thanks All. Will try these ideas. I tried fruits and the hunger feeling came back after an hour. This winter is making me more hungry...

8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

try eating peanut butter cookies,banana smoothie, and soya bean........ get your snacks like granola bars, chex mix turtle kind for sweet tooth and it got nuts too... you are going to like it................ you want to join us for leslie walk:exactly:workout...............

9. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

tendency is that if we say I don't want to eat then we feel more craving towards only those kind of food so just try to changing It to as of now then you wont feel like eating as much as u use to...........

10. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

My doctor suggested me to have small meals every 2-3 hours. Though I don't have time to cook, I divide my food into portions and try eating every two hours.
    Also this winter season, you crave for something spicy. I got some snacks like masala puffed rice, pop corn , so I can reach out for them when I crave spiciness