Candle and Chocolate Making Busienss from Home

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by sweetyam, Mar 19, 2013.

1. sweetyam

sweetyam Silver IL'ite

Hi IL,Finally i am planning my leave my job for take a break after along time.:rant
    I am working in corporate last 7 Years but now i am quite unhappy with my job i like to do my creativity i like to do my work.:exactly:I am planning to learning the advance and professional course of candle making as well as the Chocolate making.But my husband said that i have to learn the professional cake and pastry making course.He said that in India candle uses is very limited and only occasionally people need candle maximum in Diwali only.So according to him its not good to involve in this he is like to join me some baking classes and start something with that.So now you guys tell me hows its works in Delhi- NCR.
    Tell me its actually works after my course complete and how can i start with making the candles and how can i start to take classes.
    Or if you have any other option for me then please share to me.Please help.:helpCoz now actually i am confuse where i go.

Yamini

2. sweetyam

sweetyam Silver IL'ite

Hello?????????????

3. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Yeah its good option .. But think whether u can take this up as ur full time work... because after some time , even creativity looses its enthusaim ( may not hold true for all) ..

Or u can look for some other job ( may be full time or part time) and then continue ur hobby.

Choice is urs afterall. Just look other way as well.

Happy Learning :):)

4. sweetyam

sweetyam Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sonal,
    Yes i like to start it as my full time work.Coz actually i don't want to do the job more.My Hubby want to join me some professional cake making classes and according to him candle uses are very limited in India.That why he encourage me for baking classes.
    Again i am confuse...What to do how to do nothing i am understand.

Yamini

5. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

yeah U can learn baking from any good hotel management school.. its good option.. but seeing so many bakers already in market , its so difficult call.. And yeas , All d very best !! keep updating us!!!

6. sweetyam

sweetyam Silver IL'ite

Ya thanks sonal for your valuable reply..Yes i searched some bakery classes in delhi and from April i am going to start it.Let see hows well i learn and how its grows....

Yamini

7. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi Yamini,
    Job can have that effect on you.Its really great that you are now ready to work towards your passion.
    All the best for your future.

8. pastrychef

pastrychef New IL'ite

Hi Yamini
    As your husband suggested the candle making is a seasonal business
    but cake and baking and chocolate is a day to day one ..so learn first cakes and whoever coming there to buy cakes try to sell customized candles like 1 shape cartoon shape ......

gg

9. sweetyam

sweetyam Silver IL'ite

Hi Pastrychecf,
    Thanks for your valuable reply.Yes i already started to learn classes for chocolates and cakes baking..Let see hows its work..Definitely very soon i'll start something good...

YAMINI

10. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

hi sweet yam ... starting business is a good options . i have two suggestions if you are unique in your business you succeed among others always uniqueness is great ...

Try to be different in your business .

You can learn baking ,chocolate making and candle making .....all these are interrelated subjects works well ........

Some of my ideas are below :-

1. Personalized candles - names on the candles .
    2.Photo candles

etc etc think out of box .........