1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Can you share some healthy bread snacks with me please ???

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by 4mangopeople, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies

I request the ladies please, to share some healthy hot and spicy bread snacks with me.

The only one recipe I know is beat an egg, mix salt, chilly powder, garam masala powder and little milk. Beat thoroughly, heat a pan, add little oil, dip the bread slices and put it on the pan. Roast both sides and serve hot.

I would be thankful for your help.

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mangoes,

I love your threads and let me tell you, you are doing a fabulous job. I am a breakfast bread person and need some spread on my toasts so this is what I do.

Suji Spread on Toast

Method:

1. Make a thick paste of fine diced onions, green chillies, little fine chopped tomato, 2-3 teaspoon suji (rawa) and 2-3 teaspoon curd. Salt to taste

2. Make sure the mixture is thick. Spread on the breads. Then Toast both the sides crisp. Let the suji mixture side stay a little longer on the pan so that the mixture cooks well.

3. Serve with sauce on top. Make sure to use non-stick pans.

Burger patty with Bread.

1. Make a grilled patty with potato, soya granules and mixed veggies.

2. Apply Chutney on one toasted bread and sauce to another toasted bread. Put in the patty, cucumber, tomato and salad leave.

3. Sandwich is ready.

Veg Mayo Sandwich

1. Grate cabbage, carrot. Add little mayonize to it.You can use curd, just make sure that it is not sour. Add in salt to taste and make a thick mixture.
    You can add steamed green peas also.

2. Put between two breads

3. Grill the sandwich and serve hot.

Hope you like these ideas.

regards

3. 4mangopeople

Hi Shiva

You made my day by posting the bread snack recipes. Thanks for the appreciation dear. My kids sure going to remember you. Some relief for them from my regular and the one and only bread snack, I used to prepare.

Thanks once again.

4. shivachoubey

Hi Mangoes,

If its for the kids then there are few more

1. Tomato Cheese Sandwich -Put Tomato and cheese between two breads. Grill this sandwich in the toaster, the cheese will melt and this taste awesome.

2. Close Shut Sandwich- Mash boiled potatoes, add dhaniya powder 1 tsp, bhuna zeera powder 1/2 tsp, amchoor(dry mango powder) and salt per taste. You can add green chillies and coriander also.

Apply little sauce on bread and put the mashed potato mixture between two breads. On a pan add little ghee, then keep the sandwich, keep pressing so that the breads stick to each other and the sandwich will close shut. Flip the side and grill well. Diagnolly cut and serve hot.

3. Egg Sandwich- If you have a big loaf bread then its good or a big bun will also do. Boil eggs and cut them round, also cut round boiled potatoes, finely grated cabbage, boiled finely cut beans, round cut onions, round cut tomatoes, grated cheese.

On one side of the bread apply butter, then arrange first the potatoes, then eggs then tomatoes, beans, cabbage, onions and lastly cheese. Add salt and black pepper for seasoning. Close with another bread, press little to adjust the filling inside. This sandwich tastes best if the breads are soft and big. Do not toast the breads.

3. Mash boiled potato, add little tomato, onions, green chillies and coriander and salt. Spread this mixture on a piece of bread. Sprinkle little suji (rawa) on top. Grill both side of the bread nicely. This has a crispy aloo tikki kind of taste.

4. Milk Toast - In a bowl take milk and sugar. Dip a bread in this milk, coat nicely on both sides. Let the bread soak some milk. Put some ghee on a pan and grill both side of the bread. Yummy.

regards

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear shiva

vow that was nice bread sandwich recipes. I liked tomato cheese specially, i will make for my kids.

Here is one more recipe of mine

Avacado Sandwich

Take one avacado, take the pulp out.
    Take some corriander leaves, and 1 green chilli
    2 tbsp roasted peanuts.
    One onion, little saute it
    Grind all this mixture with salt.
    Add little lime juice.

Blend all the ingredients in the mixer.

Spread the dip, on breads, and can have them as it is.
    Also we can top it up with tomatoes, carrot and cucumber.

6. 4mangopeople

Hi Shivachoubey

Thanks a million for the sandwich recipes. You made my day. Already my kisds keep saying ' thank Indusladies for us ' . Sure they are going to like your recipes. Thanks again.

7. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

dear friends,

really useful bread recepies. very useful. by the way im planning to buy a sandwich toaster as my son 4 yrs old just started to have liking for bread based dishes. Pl suggest me a gud toaster & wahts that i have to look for when i buy a sandwich toaster. i have never used it before nor my parents.:hide:..so pl explain.thx

8. shivachoubey

Hi Priya,

You are in Qatar right, so check out Black and Decker, kenstar sandwich toasters. They are good. There are basic to use, you just need to put in the sandwich and close the toaster. The Light will go off once the sandwich is toasted. Go for a non -stick one so you don't have to bother about bread getting stuck.

Hope this helps.

regards

9. SandyTM

SandyTM Junior IL'ite

Hi..
    I just saw some recipes on youtube by Mrs.Hema Kundargi.
    Search for "Indian Vegetarian Gourmet - Bread Binding Cutlets",
    "Indian Vegetarian Gourmet - Spiced Bread Cubes"
    They appear to be good... am planning on trying out the cutlets today since i have lots of leftover bread and few beetroots.

Check it out..

10. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Shiva great recipes. Thanks for sharing.