1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can we have the right to recall, Mr Kejriwal?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

During the anti-corruption movement, AK was asking for right to recall of politicians who have lost the trust of their constituency. Now that Mr. AK has an absolute majority, shouldn't he pass a right to recall act?

I was always skeptical about AK due to his various acts of ditching Anna, swearing his kids and then taking support of congress to form the government, etc...

However, i thought that he may be different and he is at least honest and will drive honesty in his government.

However, the latest news has really shocked me completely. During most of the last year, AK was constantly talking about how BJP is trying to poach AAP MLAs to form the government and went to court as well as EC for that. Now, there is an audio clip that shows he, himself trying to poach congress MLAs to form AAP government. Also, there have been reports that the top brass of the party knew about the dubious funds that they received and kept quiet. They have put their contribution on the website but the expenses are never published. This is height of hypocrisy and blatant lust for power. Last time he fooled people and left the CM post to pursue PM post. This time he has fooled everyone again. As the saying goes, if i fool you once shame on me, if i fool you twice, shame on you. Hope the people of Delhi and India realize this and show him his rightful place in history.

3 people like this.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha I don't know whether he has been honest so far only because he hasn't had the opportunity nor can I give any guarantee that he would remain clean but as far as the poaching incident is concerned, remember the tape has not been verified, two it had been released by a person who was denied party ticket to contest the Delhi assembly elections.And question of horse trading would arise only when the malas are offered blandishments like ministerial berths , money or some perks. BNut in this case six MLAs actually wanted to leave Congress disillusioned with it. They had reservations about BJP and were somewhat open to joining the AAP. So no harm in negotiating with them on that. And AK can't amend the election law to bring in right to recall. It is a central law.

1 person likes this.
  3. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

From the day one on-words i didn't get positive thought about this guy. the way he comes out from Mr.Anna is bad. his focus is towards on leadership not on service to the people.

1 person likes this.
  4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

to me he is always a joker and a poker in politics A82

2 people like this.
  5. Akanksha1982

@Balajee Ofcourse, people who have some trouble with a party will release a tape. People who have got their interest served will never say a word against the party. Manish Sisodia will never utter a word against AK or AAP as long as he is assigned the high post and is member of the deciding body. So, we should not be shooting the messenger.

Also, AK encouraged people to do sting operation but it always claims that the operation done by others is fake. Where is the logic in that? If people had to do fake audios/videos then there would be many and much more damaging videos/audio tapes. Why would people stop at this?

I just remember that last year AK was yelling about BJP trying to poach their MLAs and how undemocratic that was. I am sure BJP was also poaching the AAP MLAs who wanted to leave after the LS debacle. So why that is different and AAP's poaching is different?

About right to recall, he can have that as a state law. I don't think there is any restriction on the local assembly to not be able to pass such a law for the state assembly. Maybe for the MP it may be different. In many states in US, they have right to recall laws but there is none at the federal level. So, he can pass it if he is willing too. But he is not talking about it anymore but was quite vocal about it earlier.

6. Akanksha1982

I don't think he is joker. He is very smart. His talks are opposite of his actions. Asking for a huge bungalow, not paying tolls during his recent trip to Bangalore etc and he talks about honesty and a common man? Compare that to Manmohan Singh. ManMohan Singh's family once accompanied with him to a foreign trip. He paid for all the expenses of his family members with his own money.

3 people like this.
  7. sumanrathi

GG I heard about BK47 what is A82 ?? :):)

1 person likes this.
  8. Akanksha1982

Short form of Akanksha1982 - A82

1 person likes this.
  9. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

You know too much about him - you should leak further tapes :)

1 person likes this.
  10. sumanrathi

Audio Weapon model number A82. :):)

because he will always speak without any action lol