1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

can u loose weight by eating frequently ?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by cutemonster, Feb 21, 2012.

1. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hi all

well for starters i have never been a thin girl. i was one of those chubby ones whom ppl dont say moti but say , kitni cute hai :D

but i was always healthy and energetic . my weight was around 5-6 kg on higher side abut BMI was always good.

now thing is i m married to a not so fat or read thin guy :), although my husband is happy with me but i feel like i should loose some weight .

since i did not believe in dieting , i brought rujuta diwekar book and started eating every 2 hrs . but i dont think its helping :hide: i some how feel i am eating more.
    so all u beautiful ladies out there , if u have followed this frequent eating plans , can u give some valuable input about how to loose weight :)

2. cutemonster

and yeah one insight in my diet

i have a glass of warm water with some honey n lemon on getting up .
    then one banana.
    then i start making breakfast : usually anything out of dosa, upma, poha, bread peanut butter, sandwich, stuffed prantha, pancake or even uthapam .
    eat breakfast : 2 0r 3 dosa ,or one bowl of any other break fast. i also have one cup tea with milk and one spoon sugar.
    then do some house hold work, washing etc. also i squeeze my studies in between.
    at around 11.30 i have some more fruit like orange, apple or grapes.
    at 1.30 i eat lunch . its usually some rice or two roti. some daal or sambahar. some veggie and curd . besides some salad of radish , carrots and cucumber. sometimes i eat one papad.
    then i study or watch tv. at 4.30 i have tea . sometimes some bhel or rusk.
    at 7.00 i start making dinner which has rice, roti, some dall or rajama or channa or any such thing and a veggie.
    if i feel hungry i have some milk and cornflakes or soup . then diner at 9.30 usaully 1 or 2 roti . try to aviod rice but my mom in law thinks rice is healthy :)
    i dont know whats wrong with my diet but im not loosing weight !

3. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hi cute monster...

prior to my pregnancy i was following an "Eat frequently diet" and it helped me...

my diet was something such...

Morning as soon as I wake up- I drink about two glasses of warm water
    followed with 3 dates stuffed with almonds
    Pre breakfast- a cup of tea (with sugar)
    Breakfast (by 9)- usually 2 dosa, idli, or anything that is prepared (but in reduced quantity) with milk (no sugar)
    Mid morning (around 11.30)- i would make a yoghurt drink with beetroot, curd, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves. Would blend all together and strain and drink. Very filling and refreshing.
    Lunch (around 1.30)- a bit of rice, one vegetable, fish curry/ sambhar and butter milk
    At around 2- i would have a fruit (usually banana)
    Tea (at 4-4.30)- another cup of tea (with sugar) and some light snacks or just 2 marie biscuits.
    At around 6 i would go to work out for an hour...
    When I am back- would drink 2 glasses of water and eat a bowl full of fruits
    Dinner (9) - would have something very light, sometimes oats or cornflakes...

in my first month i didnt lose much weight but from the second month- i started getting good results

4. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cutemonster,

If possible try and add a few mins of exercise to your routine.. Anything thats suitable for you..
    Try consuming warm water and reduce oil from cooking..

Remember each person's body reacts differently, so what works for me may not exactly work for you.. So try one thing at a time and take your time.. you can afford to as you just want to lose a few kgs..

Good Luck!

1 person likes this.
  5. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

I too tried the same schedule, the first 15 days were hard now, lesser quantity is filling . I have started eating in a smaller plate and one of the meals is something I like but in limited portions.

6. SSNmom

SSNmom Bronze IL'ite

Dear cutemonster,

You could also try with some light food like oats, some dry fruits and consume more of water. Avoid deep fried items. some time bhel would be light snack but it is rice made know. You can start with a little of excercise or Yoga too. All the best!!

7. cutemonster

thanks yar , ur last line that u lost weight in 2nd month is encouraging :D

8. cutemonster

yeah u r right need to exercise more. i do yoga but not so frequently , only 3 -4 times a week , also some aerobics for 30 min on 2 days a week. but guess have to be more disciplined.

9. cutemonster

thanks aaral ! the idea of eating in small plate is good one ! i have heard it from others also ! does it really help ?

10. cutemonster

thanks for the tips !