1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can marriage be successful if horoscope don't match?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Soumya80, Nov 30, 2011.

1. roamin

roamin New IL'ite

The community I come, no one knows/ thinks much of horoscopes. So not a single relative of mine or my husband's was ever married according to horoscopes. I have a very very happy 7 year old marriage, and I got our horoscopes matched - we have non matching low scores! :) However, you have to take your own decision. An Iyengar friend of mine married a non brahmin, non horoscope matching guy from a different community, and they have been happily married since 13 years.

1 person likes this.
  2. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Well, a good question that many would like to know about.

Previously, I never used to beleive in horoscopes, but now I have some amount of belief. But the problem is who predicts its correctly. I know a couple who opted for divorce, as they fought most of the time. The girl's mom said that their horoscopes were shown to different astrologers after marriage. Some said that they shouldnt have married as there will always be a difference of opinion in everything. And that they ll keep fighting all the time as they have some Shodasa Rasi or something. Ya, as said they think differently many times. But now, the girl says that she feels that she is not going to loose anything agreeing with her husband. So its all about adjusting. And you know, he likes her more now. And she says they fight rarely now or almost a normal couple now-a-days.

I started researching astrology as I was interested after hearing this.
    I have tried to learn little astrology and have felt that it is true that horoscope speaks about us. But even a small time difference (may be even seconds) in our birth time might give a wrong prediction. And who knows if that was our exact birth time.

Once I happened to study an astrological magazine that showed two typical horoscopes of two different persons, both equally famous in Tamilnadu, one was the gangster Veerapan and the other a famous astrologer whose name I have forgotten. Both were born on the same day, same time, but in different places in TamilNadu. Both became famous, but one was notoriously famous and the other was famous as a good astrologer. And you know, Veerapan is no more, but the astrologer was living even two years back. So the article concluded saying its not only the birth time and date that matters, it also has to do with the place of birth, meaning the latitude and longitude of birth.

Our fate is already decided at the time we stepped in our mother's womb and whatever happens is destined to happen. And different astrologers give different predictions for the same horoscopes. So whom to beleive?

I advice you to pray God and some gurus like Sri Saibaba or Sri Raghavendraswamy to lead you correctly. Just look in to the religious forums. There have been so many miracles for every problem and have been witnessed by many people all over the world. You can even google and find out. In a confusion its always good to pray to these gurus. The gurus definitely will show us the light.

Regards

2 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

The world over, no one matches horoscopes and there are many happy marriages which have survived nonetheless. In our own country, where horoscopes are matched, it is not as if no marriages have broken up or that there are no unhappy marriages.

Just an observation. And a matter of individual faith.

1 person likes this.
  4. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

hii soumya
    I know people who belong to both the categories..
    in one case, horoscopes were mathching , but they had big issues, and got divorced, marriage ws in may 2010, and now they are divorced.
    the othercase girls horoscope was shudha jathak, and guys family created a horoscope matching with the girls,(dowery being very high), and soon issues started, and the reality came out , that is original horoscope of guy was not matching with the girl.., this story also got married this may, and now applied for divorce..
    successful family life depends on horoscope or not? i do not know..
    if you love someone, confident to hold his hand , go for it..
    you cant rely 100% on astro..
    look around..there are many examples of love marriages, not necessary that they have gone to astrologer
    srk and gauri khan had a love marriage , and that is successful..( u may smile at my example, but thats all right, , if I could console you I would be very happy).
    so all this depends on you, and your lovedone.
    take care
    resmij

5. godsgp

godsgp Silver IL'ite

There are certain religions where horoscope is non existent,but happy marriages are abundant.
    In that lies the answer:)

6. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I am an example where marriage failed but astrologically both horoscopes are matching(shown to 3-4).
    From my experience, it is better to ignore and moved ahead in life thts all..
    one of my cousins horoscope was not well matched and it was a love marriage for her 3 years back..ppl even said tht she will not live happily due to bad horoscope ..but now i see her happily married with a house of her own.

2 people like this.
  7. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Marriage like all other things in life, requires hard work, adjustment to make it work. I personally feel its better to look for compatibility rahter than horoscope. My parents have tried horoscope on me, but i felt it was a bog risk to take. Marrying someone just because the astrologer says that it will be a better match is a gamble i feel. For someone else, marrying without horoscopes match may seem as a gamble.

1 person likes this.
  8. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

i know someone whose horoscope perfectly matched with 32 gunas but they god their divorce filed just 2 mnths after their marriage.so u can understand how it is...even when horoscopes match it is no way an assurity that there will not be any issues one has to put all his/her efforts to keep marriage happy n a beautiful affair where horoscope cannot help..
    rest you decide it was my thought

1 person likes this.
  9. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

No offence to anyone ----------

Christians and Muslims do marry and live a happy and successful life do they have the concept of horoscope?

1 person likes this.
  10. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

soumya,

marriages with or without matching horoscopes may or may not succeed depending on the indiv involved. If I argue for either one side I am sure 10 people will post examples arguing from other side :).

But I am very sure of this, a one-sided love or attraction does not result a good marriage with or without horoscopes. You seem to like the guy but he has opted for arranged marriage format. does he like you back? You did not say. More impt than the horoscopes is whether he likes you back or if this is one-sided.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
    1 person likes this.