Can I do sravana maasam nomu on my 5th day of periods?

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by satyamalika, Aug 17, 2015.

1. satyamalika

satyamalika New IL'ite

hi,
    can i do pooja (sravanamasam nommu) if it is 5th day of periods but still bleeding

2. Lakshmipav

Lakshmipav Silver IL'ite

Re: please help urgent

Hi satya,

i dont know exact ans for that .. But I have the same problem like bleeding for 1 week ..
    elders say like after 4 th day u can pray to God .. Going to temple is not good ..
    about doing vratham better u ask some elder women at ur home they may guide u correctly .. Don't worry shradda saburi is very imp for any pooja like baba says ..

3. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

. If your bleeding stop completely do Nomu otherwise better to postpone it.

4. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

yes u can offer pooja, according to our culture only 5 days period is mentioned for the periods. after five days we can offer prayers and go to temples.

5. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

If you beleive in God, then you must know that periods are also given by God. So why stop puja during periods.

1 person likes this.
  6. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

I agree with you....

OP....these guidelines were - not to touch anybody or anything, not to cook, not do to puja....etc so ladies in this physically weakening time can get a break...

unfortunately, we got stuck to the 'rules' and not to the 'intend' and also stayed stuck to the bending rules at in-laws advantage - that is u can do all stuff in house but puja so that way inlaws do not have to do work. It should have been otherway round.

So do what u want---periods do not matter unless it is u want to follow it personally

7. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

what century are we living in, ??

1 person likes this.
  8. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

Based on my religious practice, Girls dont enter the temple for first 5 days of period. Lot of hindu temples have it written outside its religious practice rules.

overall, it all varies on individual beliefs and to what extent they follow their respective religions. Also various communities adapt religious practices differently. You should check with your own family members such as your mother or grandma if you are looking for an answer on what to follow and what not to follow.

1 person likes this.
  9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

A century where people can still choose to ask, get answered, understand and can choose to follow traditions or customs voluntarily (without being blindly dismissive in the name of "i am modern") with the right foundational understanding.

10. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

After 3 nights,next morning (4th day)turmeric bath you can enter house. Can touch almost everything other than pooja and madi stuff. You cannot co-sleep with hubby on 4th day also (ofcourse the previous three days included),otherwise he will have to change dhanjam. After 5th day normal head bath you can do pooja, go to temple etc etc(irrespective of whether bleeding or not). This is the custom we follow.
    I hate this tradition:rage:. It almost spoiled my entire college life :tired:. When my mom or MIL visit us, it becomes a nuisance again with yellow spots all over carpet :BangHead:

vaidehi71 likes this.