Can I buy land property during Aadi?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by electroboye, Jul 16, 2013.

1. electroboye

electroboye New IL'ite

Dear All,

After my long search for a land property in Chennai, I finally managed to narrow down to one property that I am very interested in buying, but only one day left to enter into Aadi Month(based on Tamil Calendar).

It is very common in Tamil Nadu not to buy property during Aadi but I do not know the reason behind it. My mind refuses to blindly follow the norm, hence I am looking to find the answer

1)Can I buy Land during the Month of Aadi?
    2)If no, can you please kindly advise why?

I have come across similar posts on this forum, but it did not cover the answer I am looking for, hence I am making this post.

Your advise is very much needed as it helps my buying decision.

Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated !!!!

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    If you so liked the property, You can pay a nominal advance to book the property by the time aadi enters and then you can complete the transaction even in aadi (since you have started before aadi) otherwise you can complete the transaction immediately after aadi.

Personally, I don't believe much in this, so I will not be able to give reasoning in-terms of traditions that is being followed.

3. electroboye

electroboye New IL'ite

Hello Pallavi,

Many Thanks for your swift response and your thoughts.

I am presently verifying the documents through my legal. Unless legal signs off, I am unable to proceed to paying any token advance.I am expecting legal to take at least a week. I thought of giving a post dated cheque post 15Aug, but then it defeats the Aadi practice.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

It is believed the sun god surya changes direction in aadi to daskhinayanam from utarayanam. dakshinayanam is considered as night for the gods. hence from aadi to thai we are more involved in prayers/poojas and festivities to please gods.

moreover, i believe that with changes of time, we have moved to accomodate our convenience to the beliefs. like we do conduct marriages in margazhi too, with most of the relatives in far off places, and the availability of halls, and holidays.

so if you are very much interested, you can just give a token advance and ask them to hold it if it is a individual. they do understand aadi and sentiments.

for more on aadi i did write my views here.
    Weren't they great planners - Blogs - IndusLadies

2 people like this.
  5. electroboye

electroboye New IL'ite

Many Thanks Shanvy. Appreciate it!

I seriously do not want to challenge our old tradition.Hence I will find a way with the agent to buy in some time.

Wish I get hold off this property

1 person likes this.
  6. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

I think, Aadi 18th is a good date for starting new things.. Not sure though..

But why are you still sticking with your agent? Meet the seller directly and deal with them directly.. Dont make agents involve too much..

7. swamy24598

swamy24598 New IL'ite

to OP....

Good question.. but people forget one thing there...
    It is in the same Aadi month, you have VASTHU on every 11th day of Aadi month?

What is the purpose of this? have any one thought of this....??? Let me explain...

As shany posted above, dakshanaya is the night period of God / Goddess...and all listed above.

During the month of Aadi, You cannot get a Karasam (A formula to arrive a muhurtha based on certain mathemetical calculations) and without a good karasam, a marriage muhurtha cannot be fixed. Hence during the entire month of Aadi, based on the position of sun on these 3 stars, one cannot karasam and hence marriage was the only thing, which would not be performed in the month of aadi.

But for all other functions (namakarana, chowlam, mundanam, pumsavanam, seemantham, karnabooshanam, samavarthanam, vidyarambam, pattabishegam, etc. etc.....and lot more) you can get good muhurtha during the month of aadi....and even Nitchayadhaartham can also be performed in the month of aadi....and still in practise too.....

So according to Vedic Astrology, one can defenitely go for purchasing of movable / immovable properties during the month of Aadi, where no restrictions are made in vedic astrology.

Hope this clears in all means :)
    Regards

3 people like this.
  8. Viswas

Viswas New IL'ite

Hello,

I hope everything is well!

Am in a same situation of yours, which you were faced it in 2013.
    Am also shortlisted some plots to buy which I need to finalize asap, am confused if I can buy a plot in Aadi/Ashada month.

In bangalore aashada/aadi started from June 17th 2015.

Please let me know did you purchased plot on aadi, how things went.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Please any body suggest can I initiate atleast for giving advance to hold the plot for me in Aaashada (this year there is adika aashada too).

Can I initiate it by now please help me with answer or should i wait for aashada to complete.

Regards,
    Viswas
    Bangalore