1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone tell me about Kingman, AZ (Mohave county)

Discussion in 'Indians in Arizona' started by Writer29, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Writer29

Writer29 Senior IL'ite

I'm having a hard time finding a job in my area. So I got a call for an interview for a job in this town. I dont have a family or kids. I'm single.

I don't know much about this but from my internet search it seems like a smaller town. I also heard that there is a hospital and that has Indian doctors and there is a small Indian/pakistani community there.

But I thought I'd ask about the area. Being a person of color, I wonder about racism and attitude towards foreigners. I was brought up in the USA.

2. Topaz

Topaz Silver IL'ite

The place is famous for mining of turquoise, some of the best and most expensive quality is found and traded here......it is a small town and bound to have some racism. What field of work are you in? Drs. On an average don't have to face that much of racism as I have seen, especially if you are good at what you do and have the patience that most other drs. Don't have......just IMHO

3. Writer29

Writer29 Senior IL'ite

I'm a school teacher.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  4. p131190

p131190 New IL'ite

My daughter is doing her internship at Kingsman regional hospital. yep it is very small town she said.. she does not like there and waiting to return to pheonix