1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

can a married couple lead a happy life without children?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by radhavenkatesh, Mar 10, 2007.

1. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

pls use "if /when" instead of "especially" cuz not everyone wants kids . its a modern world . we dont want kids ever and we r more happy then some of those who have kids .

2. Suma89

Suma89 New IL'ite

Yes definitely they can go for adoption or adopt from internal.rekatives as well. They can lead a happy married life adopting someone from their relatives

3. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

i think u misunderstood it ...what she means is that ..couples who DONT WANT children ...neither biological nor adopted...i know its a very new thing to indians .. ...i donno if u r aware of the western concepts like CHILDFREE BY CHOICE but in the west its becoming common..it will take some time to come to india. i dont think indians can digest this very easily ...lol
    :blush::blush::blush::blush:

sindmani likes this.
  4. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

i know many people who just dont want children and are happier than anyone with children ..but i know indian mentality ,,they just can not think from a different perspective...many indians with children live miserable lives but they cant think out of the box

sindmani likes this.
  5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Ch
    Yes a couple can live happily with out a child. My maternal grandmom's sister doesn't have children. She thought of adopting a son and getting me married to him (marriage in relations is common in our place) but they could not find the right son for them. Now After my marriage with my husband , even after insistence they dont want to adopt a son . Ammamma and thatha indulge more in social activity . there are many such people who take life as it is. I would say it s a couple's choice. If no biological child, They can adopt. If they are not interested to adopt then also it is fine. Bhartha and bharya should have good understanding. They should both take only one decision regarding children. But personally I would say having children is a blessing.

BhumiBabe likes this.
  6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Superb post.

7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Sorry to be
    Million dollar question for now. When both parents are working and with kids in daycare, I feel bad that kids take bad habits and bad words from somewhere ,maybe tv or public place or May be in daycare(no offence meant ),but parents don't have time to correct them .I know they work for the kids welfare. But the child may in future become worse.I have personally seen kids behave badly and not corrected properly.

8. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Did anyone notice that as we get older....
    1. Our neck disappears.
    2. The flesh of the upper arm becomes loose, and hangs free, unless we pack it into a blouse-sleeve, and hope it doesn't slip out.
    3. We cover up the the midriff, so that the excess flesh does not show.
    4. Thank god for sarees... but then the outline still shows. When did that large stern come about ?
    5. Never mind about what is hidden on the legs.

If we have a couple of kids, all of the above can be blamed on the pregnancies, and that rationale, as well as, seeing other hefty aunties, some much heftier than selves, makes us happy. If you are childless, you still have issues with neck, upper arms, boobs, torso, hips, legs etc.... and you've got no one to blame, absolutely no rationale why you had "let yourself go". You stand there in a party, as wide as the rest of them, and while they talk about how much time they spend with their kids, and have no time for yoga, and exercises, you want to slowly slip out of that circle, hide in the bathroom, until the party is over... No child, no happy.

On the other hand, if you are skinny, and all the husbands of hefty aunties are trying to hold their bellies in as you pass by them, you can do without kids, and still be happy.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
  9. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

funny post ...liked it a lot:clapclap:

10. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

i am happy for ur blessings :clap2: but trust me ,, many times for so many others ...it can be a nightmare too...but in a traditional society like india , it will be a taboo to talk against "having children"
    one more thing ...if one has so much love for children then why to be selfish ...one can increase this blessing thousands of times by working for orphans or any other such causes...india has 2 crore orphans ....it will be more appropriate to give love to such childern rather then just giving birth to 5 10 unwanted girls ,in hope of having a boy ....(its a rampent problem in india). whats ur view?:blush::blush::blush:

dhara18 and sindmani like this.