1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can 3 Year Old Handle Separation From Mom

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Sweetygals, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

Hi
    I have 3 year old daughter. Have full time maid to take care. Now im pregnant planning to go india to my mom place for delivery.
    So may be around 1 month to 1.5 months. My daughter will be with her dad, full time maid. Instead of me , my mil would be here to monitor.
    Pleass suggest is it advisable?

2. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Hi OP
    Am not a mother yet so I cannot answer this right away.Am here to answer something else
    When you are going to be away from your kid.Please teach your kid in respect to her body in a simple way
    What is a good touch(example:put your hands on her shoulder and say it a good touch)
    What is a bad touch(example:put ypur hand on her chest and say it's a bad touch)
    Where only amma / grandson can touch
    This is my sincere request to all the parents when you are going to be away from your kids)
    Only to make them aware

yesican and shravs3 like this.
  3. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Oh am so sorry where ever I wanted to mention as PUT these smilies have come.
    Grandmom*

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  4. Ishaan10

Ishaan10 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ...me too pregnant with my second kid...n I'm planning to go for my parents home after delivery for 2 month...now my son is going to school...I'm planning to leave him with my mil n hubby...i know they will take care of him..then why to worry...u r not going to tour Leaving ur son.

5. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Believe me there will be an impact on her ..... isn't it possible to take your maid with you to your mother's house ?? this way your elder kid will be away from you only for few hours ?? I know it's easy saying, you must have thought about this option if not then please give a think about it.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  6. diva31

diva31 Guest

hello! I am also a mother of 6 kids. I am can't thank god enough for what he has blessed me with. My youngest son is 3 years old. and I know what it feels like to have a kid of that age. But I think it depends on the baby. My first 3 kids are triplets. I would say that they together were not that difficult to raise and handle but this youngest one is.... I hope that your daughter is not that naughty and is not like my son. Best of luck to you, your daughter and her dad!