Camphor

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by virtualkv2020, May 1, 2019.

1. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Hi..
    I heard different types of camphor such as pooja camphor (harathi karpuram),mudda karpuram,pacha karpuram (natural camphor which is edible),rasa karpuram,beemaseni karpuram (another type of natural camphor),sithabra karpuram.I heard about mudda karpuram being used for external usage.What is it called in English?

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the query.
    It helped me to learn more in detail from google and interesting facts and names are available in numerous websites including the one copied below fyi.
    Karpooram or Camphor A Natural Fragrant Analgesic

I am given to understand it comes handy in home remedies besides it’s other variety used in temples for driving away insects spiders from sanctum.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God let me know do you like the flaming Karpooram - camphor- on a platter in front of your idols making vertical elliptical rounds and a close up to your countenance .

virtualkv2020 likes this.
  3. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Yes sir..I was surprised when I heard about the benefits of using the right kind of camphor in right amounts! Our google master failed to give the English name for Mudda karpuram (Telugu),all I know is it looks like a snow ball and soft to touch.