Camera

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by deepa10, Feb 21, 2012.

1. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a camera for my husband for his b'day. I know nothing about cameras. One of my friend is in US and will be coming to India in a month or so. I am planning to ask him to get a camera from there. Can you please share your ideas about camera and which one will be good. My budget is 12K. Please share your ideas..!!

2. rajisarvan

rajisarvan Senior IL'ite

hi,

buy a digital handycam. Its too good, but expensive.
    Sony will be a nice brand to rely upon.

3. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

4. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Deepa,
    My personal choice would be Nikon. But all 3 brands, Nikon, Canon and Sony are pretty good.

Look for Nikon Coolpix, canon poweshot, and sony cybershot...

12K is a reasonable budget for a good camera. (translates to about 250 USD), and all three will fit in your budget..

So decide what you want, like - how many megapixels (12, 14 or 6 for your budget) and zoom (3x to 6x for your budget)

So depending on the clarity that you are looking for (which is determined by the megapixels), and the optical zoom you want (to capture distant objects with clarity), choose from the list of various models that are available in all 3 brands!

5. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Nikon D3000 SLR....which is worth to go for Professional use tooo...
    and good to have professional clicks of Pictures....
    But it goes to around 25K... think of this too before going...
    Decision is absolutely yours to go ahead with many suggestions here...

Regards

6. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Deepa,

For your requirement, Sony digicams are the best bet. I cannot name any particular model because in Sony the models keep changing every few months and hard to keep track of.

If you are keen on professional cams, go for Nikon DSLRs.

In my exp, DSLRs are not much use for everyday pics. Photography is my hobby and i rarely take my DSLR out unless i am pretty sure that i will get very good pics to shoot. Hard to lug them around, need a separate bag and are too explensive to leave them lying around. I mostly use my Sony W820. Fits in my handbag easily. Just power it on and shoot pics when i feel like it :)

7. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

If it is between canon & sony in ur budget,. I vote for Canon because ease of use, little ahead in camera technology than sony & they have been in the camera business much longer than sony ( since 1934 in cameras & since 1984 in Digital cameras )