Calling all ladies in and around Porur...

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by soann, Feb 8, 2014.

1. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

How is the traffic like? Is it like a very busy city? On an average how long does it take to cover 5- 10 kms during peak hours?

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

soann, ofcourse traffic is high towards on porur main road, cant get rid of it. It takes more than 20 min for about less than 10kms distance, at night time (or late evening) it may take some more time.

And moreover sometimes it depends on how far you are put up from the main road/ bus stop.

3. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Ohh that's not that bad. My kid's school at the moment is around 5 kms from my place and I need to take the busy roads to it. On really bad days it goes up to 20 - 30mins to just reach there!! Otherwise it is just 5-7 mins drive.

4. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

How about rent rates? for a 2bd apartment? inside porur?

are there any sites that I can keep tab on for the same? or there are only agents or direct owner interactions for it?

5. Pallavi4me

you can check all those propery portals,and may come across agents most of the time and you can look out for the ads where 'brokers excused' if you don't want to involve agents in between.

If you have friends / family at that place pl ask them to look out rental ads on local papers (not regional ones, but there is area wise local papers that come up on sat / sun with classified details.. ) like Pillar talks for ashok nagar / kk nagar... (I dont have idea if they call "Porur talks / times" in that area) in those papers mostly owners would give ads for renting out.

And as per my basic knowledge, if you go a bit inside porur can get 2BHK at about 10K or even a bit less. If you can shell out a bit more, one can get very good with all amenities. Porur is fast growing so you can good accessibility though it is a bit far to Central Rly station when compared to other areas.

6. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much Pallavi.

I don't have anyone I know at Porur. So asking them to check local papers not possible for me. About the sites...I've been out of India for some time now. Can you please recommend some reliable sites where I can take a look at the property trend now? Thank you :)

7. Pallavi4me

all the property sites are equally filled with agents / middlemen. There is no website which better than others, for me all of them fall into same category. You might already knew some of the websites but just naming a few here .. 99 acres / indiaproperty / commonfloor and you may also check out sulekha. Some of the local ads won't come in other websites but sulekha gives you an inside view. My advice would be even if it takes a bit more time than your target time, better search by yourself rather than relying on agents. Most of them demand a commission of about one month rental. There are many new properties are coming up, so can get good ones for rent but you need to be go through the process patiently.

8. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Hi

My son is studying in omega and I live in manapakkam (behind DLF). I moved to manapakkam for my son schooling last year(he is in pre-kg ). Got this home rented only through suleka.

Just let me know if u still looking for the home (BTW I am not house broker ). I can help to some extent

9. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Hi Abitha,

How is Omega? Do you have any reviews on St. Francis International School?

What are the average rents like this year for 2bhk?

10. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

1.Chinmaya Vidhyalaya CBSE Viugambakkam
    2.PSBB millennium CBSE Welcome to The PSBB Millennium Group of Schools Gerugambakkam
    3. PSBB KK Nagar CBSE PSBB Schools
    4. Omega International School CBSE/ IGCSE htpp://omegaschools.org Kolapakkam
    5. La Chatelaine School CBSE La Chatelaine Junior College, Chennai - 87, Tamil Nadu, India Alwarthirunagar
    6. Saami School
    7. Avicchi School
    8. St.Francis International School ICSE CURRICULUM Welcome to St.Francis International School Chennai
    9.Avm Meiyappan Matric Higher Secondary School,
    10.Chettinad foundation school.
    11. The pupil, Saveetha Eco School,Behind Saveetha Dental College,4/68, Thiruverkkadu Road, Seneerkuppam,Tel : 044- 2680 1050,
    12. Sri krish International school, kundrathur main road

May I know the top 5 porur schools please, in order. 1 being the best. Thank you.