Calling all ladies in and around Porur...

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by soann, Feb 8, 2014.

1. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Hello lovely ladies

I'm eager to learn loads of things about Porur. Hope you can help :help and along the way maybe I could make new friends. :wave
    I might ask the stupidest of questions. Please bear with me :hide: It is only cos I'm totally unaware of the places, people, lifestyle, weather and everything that follows, of Chennai. (Porur is within Chennai area right? :confused2:)

I'm starting off mildly and then will bombard you with loads of questions. Hope you would reply. :roll:

Is Porur like a city or town? Is it self sufficient or we need to move out of it for shopping, stay .etc.? Is it like a huge area?

2. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

:wowI'm impressed! I already got my first answer!!

My next doubt is...

Is it difficult to get an IT or management related job there? I saw a DLF IT park within the area (on a map gigglingsmiley). Is it like the IT parks available in other states?

3. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

I just have a year's experience and a gap after, of 4 years. I suppose that doesn't look that good, right? But I'm a post graduate with my second degree from the US. Does that help? I was working on Sharepoint web development. My experience is not that significant and there is a huge gap, so ready to start off again, on anything basically. gigglingsmiley Would prefer some job that has reasonable timing, cos my kid is small. So I don't mind anything related to the management areas in IT as well. Any tips, ladies?

PS. Don't mind me putting excerpts from my PMs onto the thread, cos IL requires me to delete them every few days to make space and by putting the info here I don't lose my answers, for future reference. :tongue

4. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

I found this list of schools in here.... which ones are in Porur exactly? and which one is the best as of now? I think this list is from 2011...are there anymore schools?

Porur/Virugambakkam/Saligramam/Vadapalani:
    1.Chinmaya Vidhyalaya CBSE Viugambakkam
    2.PSBB millennium CBSE Welcome to The PSBB Millennium Group of Schools Gerugambakkam
    3. PSBB KK Nagar CBSE PSBB Schools
    4. Omega International School CBSE/ IGCSE htpp://omegaschools.org Kolapakkam
    5. La Chatelaine School CBSE La Chatelaine Junior College, Chennai - 87, Tamil Nadu, India Alwarthirunagar
    6. Saami School
    7. Avicchi School
    8. St.Francis International School ICSE CURRICULUM Welcome to St.Francis International School Chennai
    9.Avm Meiyappan Matric Higher Secondary School,
    10.Chettinad foundation school.
    11. The pupil, Saveetha Eco School,Behind Saveetha Dental College,4/68, Thiruverkkadu Road, Seneerkuppam,Tel : 044- 2680 1050,

5. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

In the above list of schools & as per my knowledge about the area

this is nearby porur.

Some other schools also might be nearby the place, but Virugambakkam & KK nagar schools are in the range of 7-10kms from porur.

6. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Thank you Pallavi. :) You are the second person recommending the school. I heard getting in there is really tough. Any tips? How early do we need to apply? If it is so popular I'm guessing admissions close around January? Any pre requisites for younger children?

7. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Soann, I don't have any idea about the standards of that school,

My knowledge is limited to the distance from that area only, between I have also heard some other schools nearby but don't remember all the names. One of the schools I remember is "Pon vidyashramam"

8. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Answers below!

9. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Thank you Pallavi :)

10. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Thank you Marun! You covered most of it! :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014