1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calendar

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SupriyaDinesh, Nov 14, 2008.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Calendar,One of the integral part of one's life has seen huge changes from the day born till date.I would like to share some things about me and calendar.
    I love to get new calendar during the year end and place it in my desk.My dad used to get loads and loads of calendars and planners..and i keep my favourite ones and others gift to friends and relatives.Chubby babies,natural scene,medical advertisement,glamorous ladies,Diety photos,with proverbs are few categories.every room in our house used to have 2-3 calendars..and we had 10 rooms(including bathroom and kitchen..LOL).
    There was a tamil newspaper that handed over a full blown calendar with the then-hot actress in traditional wear.My father hung it in the bedroom.I was a little girl then and did not find anything unusual.Later when we had guests they said something hush-hush to my mom.On enquiring she said that they adviced her that its not a good idea to have actress pictures as calendars in house...so that i will get spoilt..Hmm..I still cannot come to terms with this.. :rotfl
    Desk-top,wall hanging,magnetic,plastic,glass covered are some interesting designs of calendars that decorated my room.I love the simple daily calendar which give proverbs and sayings..we see only the date and proverb in the tamil calendar .I used to climb the bed to change the monthly ones and the fresh scene would bring a new look to the room.How i miss all these..
    Some of my relatives jump to the calendar to do daily activities like going out,buying things,taking bath,brushing(he he just kidding).Dates for ceremonies are fixed uopn reference from calendar..Its always fun to see the holidays in the next year and find when my birthday falls..
    Looking around now..i dont have any calendar..other than a small one in my kitchen(hidden).Calendar,planner are taken care by devices.. i rely on my mobile for dates now..

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Supriya Trust you to write on such sweet topics and take me down memory lane. Growing up there was ONLY one calendar that my father bought and kept. Murugan calendar which comes with removing date sheet. All the other calendars we got we distributed and there were many demands for this.
    Today I need my calendar to keep track of everything.. I have one on my fridge on the side where I mark all the reminders and one in my purse where I keep track of kid activity etc..
    Great blog Supriya.. nice to know you had so many in your house!!!

3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Supriya

Your blog reminded me of childhood days. We used to get a lot of calendars and diaries. Back then, we used to write in diaries. We would sort and keep the good ones and give away the others.
    Even now, we get a lot of calendars in mail from various organizations. I keep one in my kitchen area to write down appointments.This is my way of keeping track of appointments. I do not carry planners as I prefer to carry a small handbag..

4. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Supriya, Thats a nice sweet blog. Not to forget the 'Raasi Palan' section in the calenders :p In my school days, I never used to miss reading it (as long as its good I used to utterly beleive it) else will convince that these are pure silly things ;)

Love,
    Amy

5. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Supriya,

Good one..! I remember ... even if the year is over, empty card board will be hanging on :) !!! As they have some diety (God or Goddess) in that cardboard and they still have the fear !!

Simple a number calender will do for me ...!!

With love,
    Gowri

6. SupriyaDinesh

Dear AC,You had "onne onnu kanney kannu" Murugan calendar...:)..Very cute..May be once my son goes to school i will need a calendar and planner.

7. SupriyaDinesh

Dear Usha,
    Wish to see what you have in the small handbag..I cant get enough of a duffel for 1 hour outing..bonk..
    Yeah,me too had the habit of writing diaries..love the fresh scent and new page..

8. SupriyaDinesh

Very true Amy,my friends used to do it during exam times.I read it secretly and forget immediately..

9. SupriyaDinesh

Gowri,Thats the scene in my inlaws house..full of deity calendars without date pages..and worshipped
    You know all through my pregnancy i looked at chubby baby calendars..all over my room..but my son was underweight and never chubby..thats another story..just kidding..

10. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Supriya

All I carry are credit/debit/library cards, some cash, chapstick, compact, a pen, small note pad , a cell phone and a granola bar--that's all. Mystery solved. I used to carry a large handbag. Then I found that I would put all sorts of stuff in it and peridically I would have to empty it. Carrying small handbag keeps my shoulder happy too.
    You should try it too.