C-section Or Vaginal Delivery? Plz Siggest..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by deepideepi, Mar 16, 2017.

1. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    My due date is on 4th April. This is my second baby. I have a five year old daughter who was born on 37th week with 2.2 kg weight (normal delivery). I had few stiches down there at her time.

This is my 37th weeks. Doctor is telling that this baby is big than its age. Specially head. Around 2 weeks ahead. Weight is also already 2.75 to 3kgs already. Doctor told me that she will try for vaginal delivery first but if it won't work then she will go for emergency c-section.
    I researched in internet n asked doctor about the risk of havening big head baby through normal delivery and the answers are
    The collor bone of baby may fracture. Suffocation for baby if baby have to stay in canal longer it may cause brain damange. Mother may get too much muscles tearing down there. (I had stiches for delivering 2.2 kg baby n this one is already large.)
    My question is
    1. Can i ask doctor directly for c-section?
    2. All family members r telling that doctor is simply making me afraid to make me do c-section.
    3. What would u do if u r in my place.
    4. Am i stupid to choose c-section over vaginal delivery?
    5. Is it really difficult to recover from c-section?
    Plz give me ur suggetions.

2. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

Dear,

I just had normal delivery on 15th of Feb, and my baby was 3.8kg.

I think no need to worry.

All the best!

deepideepi likes this.
  3. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

@deepideepi

Baby at 37 weeks weighing 2.75 to 3 Kg sounds very normal to me. I don't understand why your doc is saying that baby is big than its age. My son was born at 38 weeks 2 days via normal delivery and was slightly over 3 Kg at birth.

Moreover, I was told that these predictions based on ultrasound is not 100% accurate. It is also said that second delivery will be faster and easier than first.

Please go for normal delivery with full confidence. If there are any unexpected issues, emergency c-sec will be performed in no time. Baby and you will be fine.

I wish you all the best!

deepideepi and Physician like this.
  4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I had vbac in 2.5 years gap. Baby was weighing 3.2kg by 38+ weeks when I delivered. Your baby weight is reasonable and you can try vaginal delivery since last one is vaginal delivery. Check if baby is head down and is positioned for normal delivery. Be strong.

5. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Please do not blindly trust ultrasound. They can be way of . During the birth of my second child I was told that the baby's growth is restricted and he weighs just over 2 kgs. But guess what, my baby was perfectly matured and weighed more than 2.9.
    We did two ultrasounds in two different hospitals but reports were the same . So its better you go with the normal delivery as why unnecessarily cut yourself open. And as others have suggested, even babies with weight 3.5 kg or more have been` delivered vaginally.

6. Jm123

Jm123 New IL'ite

Hello , I need feedback on Apollo Cradle Kondapur and Dr Roopa Ghaanta for normal delivery . Can you help ?

7. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi op,
    If there is an option for normal delivery opt for it as it is natural process and recovery will be easy.My DS head circumference was big and he weighed 3.3kg.I had normal delivery with 3 stitches. It took hardly a month to recover. Go for vaginal delivery and trust your doctor to take a call if there is any complication during the delivery.

Be strong..All the best!!!

8. Jm123

Jm123 New IL'ite

Thanks for the response. I was concerned about the hospital ? Do they encourage natural birth

9. Myladdu

Myladdu Senior IL'ite

Op baby's weight is normal. Also the ultrasound predictions are not 100% correct. Your doctor says because of the baby's head circurmfrence which is ahead of the week. Usually they say to go for c section as they see smooth delivery first for baby and mother. Your doctor is correct about, the baby may have color bone fracture.
    My mil had normal delivery where she had second or third (I'm not sure )degree tear as my dh big head circumference.
    You can go for normal delivery and if there is any discomfort then go for C.
    My friend went through the same recently. She is normal after C and she resumed normal life in just after 2 to 3 months.