Buying property ???

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Aug 31, 2008.

1. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Does anyone living in localities with close proximity to velachery in radius of < 6/7 Km let me know how much will it cost to buy a 1200SF ground in your area? looking at these area only

buiding a house of say 1500Sf(duplex type) should cost around 20L ... Am i right?

I am a layman in this.. so approx how much will land+house cost? please help.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  2. manosaro

manosaro New IL'ite

Thanks Shanvy,the wikimapia link was good .we planned to book this weekend and arrange a loan in Bank of India.Will let you know once i booked the flat

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mano,

from your above post, i assume you have not visited the place??, i think this has entry at the baliga lighting factory road??

all the best.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

1/2gf, can set you by 25/50 lacs depending on the area you are looking. nanmangalam, zamin pallavaram do have plots that could cost around 20 lacs, but again there are lot of caution to be taken.

construction with duplex..at 1200/1400 will cost around 20lacs, but may escalate depending on the tiles, the other extras.

I am a layman in this.. so approx how much will land+house cost? please help.[/QUOTE]
    I have a duplex in the <7 km from the velachery area which is 4 years old and my tenant has been offering me 45lacs.

i believe a new one could set you by 40/60 depending on the area. sowmya

5. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

thank you shanvy for the info... areas like rajakilpakkam(currently residing in this area ad tenant) chitlapakkam etc are also costing that range...

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The rate i quoted is around the area you are talking. you cannot get land in this rate in madipakkam, nanganallur,adambakkam..:hide:

7. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

I know these areas are at unbelievable price, thats why was little suprprised when you told me the rates...

which area around velachery you mentioned the rates for? did you mean thoraipakkam etc?

8. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

How are you? Long time since I logged in here. I have a query which I am sure you would be able to clarify. I am planning to buy a land in Chettipunniyam, 3kms from GST Road(Road opposite to Mahindra World City). The real estate guy has almost 200 acres of land of which 75% is being sold out as plots and he is planning to construct apartments(approx 1000) in the remaining area. I read your initial post and understood what documents would be required. I was told by the real estate marketing guy that the documents(including mother document) would be shared with us after we give the token advance. He just gave us the DTCP approval number now. Is there a way to check on something with the DTCP approval number? He also told me that it is an agricultural land. This area is directly behind the hayagreevar temple. I am planning to buy it as an investment at this juncture. He is charging 460 per sq ft. Do I have check anything specific before I go ahead? Is it worth buying?
    I am eagerly looking forward for your valuable input shanthi.
    Take Care!

Cheers
    Uma

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Uma,
    i am fine. how are you and the kids..how is san academy..

With the dtcp number you can check in the chengelpet sro.or go to the district and town planning.
    Deputy Director of
    Town and Country Planning,
    Chengalpattu Region,
    131, GST Road,
    Periyar shopping complex,
    Chengalpattu - 603 001.

i think chettipunyam comes under sroii. it is more like road next to paranur station.. have you visited the place. do you mean to say back of the temple.. do check if the land belongs to the temple. sometimes i am so skeptical, when these huge blocks of land come very close to these big temples. this temple is gaining popularity among students and parents so much.. so caution is better.

you cannot build in agriculture land unless, he proves that it cannot be cultivated anymore. any builder/promoter for that matter does not give the documents without a token advance. maybe you can buy it for investment. the area around mwc has potential. how much is he quoting.

10. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    Your thread about buying a property gives a deep insight for buyers.I appreciate your efforts to spread such awareness among buyers. I do have a query:I have been offered a plot near Singaperumal koil but the seller has lost his title deed & parent document.He has filed a FIR & have published about the missing document in newspaper & has only copies with him.I'm not sure whether we can proceed & what legal hassle we might face if we buy.:bonkIt would be nice if you can throw some light.