1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Burn calories...No exercising

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by amudha, May 26, 2005.

1. vidyasarada

vidyasarada Senior IL'ite

Goodness ,V-24,
    obviously u can't drink boiling hot water ! We are not trying to get into Ripley's or Guiness. are we !
    The temperature suggested to me was: " morning-coffee-hot" I dunno if warm water does the same trick, but i have tried as-hot-as-u-can-bear hot water ( six glasses a day) and i can vouch for its effectiveness. I lost 2.5 kg. in about 50 days. And yes, side by side, i also cut out white sugar and maida completely and reduced oily foods.

VS

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

ha,ha

Vidyas,

That was good. No, I am not attempting mini feats like getting into Ripleys or Guiness. I am attempting marathon weight loss.

2.5 kgs down- wld drink almost anything at any temp!

Also, like the shortened version V-24. Might just use it to sign off in IL. Makes me sound like a strain of wheat or rice, though!

Thanks Vidyas and see u round.

affly
    V-24

Last edited: Dec 26, 2006
  3. vidyasarada

vidyasarada Senior IL'ite

Atta or Android, your choice !

"V-twentyfour" does sound a bit 'grainy'. But "V-Two Four" is more chic, like a cousin to the intelligent robot R2D2 !
    :mrgreen: VS

4. Anjali

Anjali New IL'ite

Honey + Water + lemon

Hi all !!!

Very true that the combo of these three thngs really works in reducing weight but would like to tell you all that i have tried this 2 many time but i start feeling very weak from inside...You start feeling dizzy. And this is my personal experience.

So if you are trying this then be sure that u are not avoidingg your meals..

Take kare,
    Angel :clap

5. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

HI ALL,
    IAM AGREE WITH ANJALI,BECOZ 3 YRS BACK ,I TRIED THIS LEMON JUICE,WARM WATER,HONEY IT MADE ME WEAK,LIKE NERVES WEAKNESS,SO I HAD STOPPED,EVENTHOUGH I HAD PROPER DIET..
    IS IT TRUE,THIS WILL NOT ONLY REDUCE WEIGHT ALSO FEELING TIRED & WEAKNESS :confused:

6. Sindhumon

Sindhumon New IL'ite

Please let me know the honey is good for diabetic patients?

asha

7. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Please find below the benefits of honey and cinnamon for weight loss ... This mixture is also used for Heart Diseases, Weight loss, Hair loss, Arithritis, Tooth ache, Bladder Infections, Cholestrol, Colds, Infertility, Upset Stomach, Gas, Immuen System, Indigetion, Influenza, Longevity, Pimples, Skin Infection, Cancer, Fatigue, Bad Breath and Hearing Loss...

http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/honeyandcinnamon.html

Hope this is useful for all ...

Dear Asha, Please find the attachment for the Cinnamon for diabetes

A Spoonful of Cinnamon Helps Treat Diabetes

By Alison McCook
    Last Updated: 2003-12-11 15:35:10 -0400 (Reuters Health)

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - People with diabetes can help keep their bodies healthy by simply adding a dash of spice to their diet, new research reports.

In a study, diabetics who incorporated one gram -- equivalent to less than one-quarter teaspoon -- of cinnamon per day for 40 days into their normal diets experienced a decrease in levels of blood sugar, cholesterol and blood fats.

And for people with diabetes, the less of those substances in the body, the better.

Type 2 diabetes arises when the body loses sensitivity to insulin, a hormone that shuttles the sugars from food into body cells to be used for energy. As a result, the amount of sugar, or glucose, in the blood remains high, leading to fatigue and blurred vision. Over the long term, excess blood glucose can increase the risk of heart disease, kidney failure and blindness.

The current findings suggest that a small amount of cinnamon can help protect diabetics from these and other potential complications of their condition, study author Dr. Richard A. Anderson of the Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center in Maryland told Reuters Health.

Diabetics could add a dash of cinnamon to their morning servings of coffee, orange juice or cereal, Anderson noted. "You can also make a cinnamon tea by simply boiling water with stick cinnamon," he suggested.

Anderson noted that cinnamon may also help stave off the onset of Type 2 diabetes in people at risk of the condition.

He added that cinnamon contains some substances that can be toxic in high amounts, so people should be sure not to get too much of a good thing. "Certainly, a gram per day is not a high amount," he reassured.

During the study, Anderson and his colleagues asked 60 people with Type 2 diabetes to consume 1, 3, or 6 grams of cinnamon each day for 40 days, or the equivalent amount of wheat flour, as a placebo. Both the cinnamon and wheat flour were administered in capsule form.

Reporting in the journal Diabetes Care, Anderson and his team found that all cinnamon-takers experienced a drop in blood levels of glucose, fats and cholesterol by up to 30 percent. No change was seen in the people taking placebo capsules.

Anderson explained that cinnamon contains compounds that help make insulin more efficient, improving the hormone's ability to bring glucose to the cells that need it.

As an added bonus, cinnamon contains virtually no calories, Anderson said, allowing diabetics to add zest to their meals without adding to their waistlines.

Cinnamon contains less than 3 calories per gram, "negligible in the total dietary intake," Anderson said.

Previous research has shown that cinnamon appears to help fat cells recognize and respond to insulin. In test tube and in animal studies, the spice increased glucose metabolism by about 20 times.

SOURCE: Diabetes Care, December 2003.

Thanks
    Regards, Suni :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  8. indiangirl

indiangirl New IL'ite

thanks for posting i will try honey with cinnamon

9. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

10. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Drinking honey + lime juie + warm water in empty stomach will also give a reverse effect of increasing weight for some.

It happened to me and i thought i will share it with you all.....

Sundari bhaskar