1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bundle Of Joy

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Outlander

Outlander Bronze IL'ite

Awwww...must write other parts!!

muggs likes this.
  2. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Oh no should we wait for next update :facepalm:;) worth waiting ma'am but very curious to read the entire part.
    Its really sad!! I know sandy is not feeling J but could understand how sandy would feel when she is also yearning to enjoy her motherhood :frown: Best part is Alok is always besides sandy :worship2: Waiting to read the next part. thanks for this interesting update :clap2::clap2:

muggs and ratan like this.
  3. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much @Outlander :blush:
    I am glad you liked it.

Outlander likes this.
  4. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Part 6

“That’s true Sandhya… I am really blessed. In fact, I had lost all hope that I would never be able to enjoy motherhood. But then one of my husband’s colleague in abroad suggested us to go for adoption. We never thought about it. So when my husband told me about it, we both were very confused. We were not sure how the families will react. Will we be able to give the baby all the love and care? We had no idea how all this process work. So we have decided to come back here and understand the process. Gradually we got answers to all questions and confusions and when I first held my daughter, I felt contented and relieved with her gentle touch. She was just 3 months old then and now she has become our life. I can’t even imagine my life without her.” Abha’s eyes turned moist but she is smiling thinking about her baby.

Sandhya listened to everything stunned. She never thought about Adoption. Listening to Abha’s words, her heart lit a ray of hope. She hugged Abha.

Sandhya came back from her parent’s house. Amrita and Sumit blessed with a baby girl and they named her Nikita. Everyone calls her Nikki with love. Everyone got more busy with a new member of the family. Sandhya kept on thinking about Abha’s words but she was not sure what Alok will think about it. She is hesitant to talk to him. What if Alok doesn’t agree for this? She was still thinking how to bring this up.

One day Alok came back from the shop. He went to the living area where Sushila was also sitting.

“Sandhya… please get me a cup of tea.” He called Sandhya in the kitchen. Sandhya started preparing tea.

Alok sat on the sofa and his hands touched something.

“Ohho… What is this? Is this the place to keep wet clothes?” He got irritated.

“Nikki started crying so Amrita went in a hurry. She might have forgotten.” Sushila said.

“Okay but still she can keep it down or somewhere else.” Alok said still irritated.

“Ohho Alok it's just… You don’t know but this all happens when a baby is around. Give it to me, I will keep it away.” Sushila took it from his hands.

“Of course.. how would I know?” Alok face turned red and it pinched him deeply.

Sushila realized what she said and how Alok perceived it, “Alok I didn’t mean that. It just came out. Listen to me, please. I could not even think to say anything like that.” She didn't say anything intentionally.

But Alok couldn’t sit there for another second and go to his room. Sushila tried to stop him but he was not ready to listen to anything. Sandhya kept looking all this holding a cup of tea.

She went to her room after some time. Alok was lying on the bed. He was still hurt and angry.

“Alok… Mummy didn’t say anything to hurt you. You know it was not intentional. It just came out.” Sandhya tried to calm Alok. She knows Alok’s temper and also how to calm him down.

Alok didn’t say anything.

“Please Alok… listen na… it's okay. Now leave it and let’s go and talk to Mummy once. She is also feeling bad.” Sandhya tried to pull him out of bed.

“Sandhya sit here. I want to talk to you about something.” He made her sit on the bed.

“What? We will talk later first you come with me.” Sandhya said.

“No Sandhya… listen to me first and then I will talk to Mummy as well.” Alok said holding her hand.

“Sandhya… I was thinking from a few days… We should…” He is feeling little hesitant.

“What happened Alok? Tell me what you are thinking?” Sandhya knew there is something very important as Alok hardly felt hesitant to talk about anything.

“We should adopt a baby.” Alok said in a single breath.

Sandhya looked at him with wide open eyes and couldn’t believe her ears. What she was trying to say for days, Alok said it at once.

“I know Sandhya… It is not a simple thing and we never talked about it. But from few days I was thinking about it. I want to know your thoughts. What do you feel? Do you think we will be able to take this responsibility? Do you…” Alok had so many questions in his mind but Sandhya interrupted him.

“I am ready Alok. I am ready to hold our baby.” Sandhya gestured with her hands smilingly.

“Really?” Alok asked in surprise.

Sandhya told him about her meeting with Abha and shared her thoughts and feelings.

They both were super excited to know that both are on the same page and wanted the same thing to happen. Now they have to make this happen. So they decided they will do whatever needed and bring their bundle of joy in their life.

Alok and Sandhya knew it will be very difficult to convince everyone. Being a conservative family, thinking about adopting a baby from an unknown place will be totally out of question. Sushila will not easily accept this. Also, the reaction from other family members also matter as they are living in a joint family and when the baby will come home, they don’t want any negativity or resentment in the house for the baby. They knew it is not going to be easy and they have to take some strong decisions.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

@Adharv posted the next part. :blush:
    Thanks for giving your fb. It keeps me motivated.:banana::cheer:

Adharv likes this.
  6. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

@ratan I agree sometimes people don't think about the sentiments and emotions of others and pass comments.
    Posted the next chapter:blush:

7. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Excellent narration.
    You have written in a way such it picturize the entire episode.
    Adoption is still a stigma in all class of society.

8. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

My guess become true. Some positive will happen as you mention in first episode abt their bundle of joy. Waiting next chapter, how their dreams become true becoz it is not so easy in joint family. Eagar to know , What some strong decision will they take?:sconf::sconf:

muggs likes this.
  9. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Perfect!! Happy Happy :banana: Loved the update, realistically portrayed :worship2::worship2: Oh god again on hold :facepalm: No worried we are going to meet the apple pie in the next update :cheer::cheer:

:clap2:first thing which always crops up in my mind. Will we be able to give our full love till the end?? Adoption is not a short term plan as u said abve lot of challenges to be faced and never step back from our resp.

well said :clap2::clap2:. Yes, not just the parents...entire families support is needed every moment. Not to be negative minded even if something happens to the parents rest of the family shld be ready to take care of the kid as their own. Is what I feel.

Thank you for the beautiful update. Keep rocking.

Alok's pain was nicely expressed. This is qte common and u captured it very realistically.

10. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much @Vedhavalli for reading it:blush:
    I am glad you liked the narration.
    I agree that still, people find it difficult to accept the idea of adoption.