1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bundle Of Joy

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Sep 26, 2018.

1. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

such an emotional episode...humanity in this way should STILL Exist in the society...very loaded !

muggs likes this.
  2. lakshyasara

lakshyasara New IL'ite

Heart touching ... nice episode... Not sure can see Alok like husband in real time.

ratan and muggs like this.
  3. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Its so touching episode...love will make everything happen in life ...happy for them so emotional too

muggs likes this.
  4. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

@ratan I really wonder how people even suggest such things.:thinking: It is good that some people have common sense and humanity left that they don't follow such advice. We should ask those people who are giving advice without asking to stop there itself.:nono:

ratan likes this.
  5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Adharv for the rocking feedback as always.:cheer:
    I completely agree with you, we should not listen to such pieces of stuff.:thumbup:

Adharv likes this.
  6. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks @lakshyasara for reading and liking it.:blush:
    I would say some partners are like Alok:angel:. I have seen a few couples who stand by each other in such difficult times.

7. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

@ammusatheesh Thanks a lot for liking it.:blush:
    Yes, absolutely Love can make everything happen in life:hearteyes: and gives strength to face any circumstances.

8. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you @peddadas for your feedback:blush:
    I also hope couples understand and respect each other and society should be supportive of them.

peddadas likes this.
  9. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Part 5

After this decision, the bonding between Alok and Sandhya grew stronger with each passing day. They made each other their world and their life revolve around each other. Both the families asked them to think about it again but looking at their firm decision, everyone in the family also willingly or unwillingly accepted their decision.

After few months Sumit got married and Amrita joined the family. Sushila was very happy looking all his three sons settled in their life.

Amrita’s nature was little different. She is quite extrovert and spoke her heart without thinking much. Both her sister-in-laws tried to help her in adjusting the new environment but she wanted to do things in her own ways. She doesn’t like to be taught or controlled in any way. Her choice, style of living and way of communication is very different from the other two and gradually it started giving birth to little rifts among them. Sometimes this even leads to heated arguments between them. Deepa still manages things calmly and even ignore them most of the times but Sandhya and Amrita started getting distanced from each other because of all these differences. If Sushila tries to intervene, one or the other thinks her biased and taking side of other. Things were still in control and that’s why it didn’t affect the men of the family till that time.

It only started changing more when Amrita conceived within one year of her marriage. Sushila was very happy with the news as after so many years, she is again going to become a grandmother. All family members congratulated Sumit and Amrita. Neha and Akshay were also excited to welcome their new cousin.

Sandhya was sitting in her room and tears were rolling down from her eyes. It is not that she is not happy for Amrita and Sumit. She wished them with all her heart and also happy that they will get to experience the most beautiful feeling of parenthood. But somehow her heart is aching as the pain and void of not being a mother still resides in some corner. She heard Alok coming and hurriedly wiped her tears as she doesn’t want Alok to feel sad and hurt looking at her like this. She turned towards her wardrobe and start arranging a few things.

Alok entered the room and pretended to look in his phone. He knows Sandhya is feeling vulnerable at this moment. Any discussion at this moment will only worsen the pain. They didn’t say anything but their hearts silently comforting each other’s emotions.

Months passed with lots of love and care for Amrita from everyone and as per the tradition, the day of her baby shower has also arrived. Sushila and family arranged a proper function with a Pooja in their house. They invited their close relatives and friends. Amrita’s family members have also joined as it was decided that they will take her to their house after the function and she will deliver her baby there and stay for some time with them. Rituals started and Amrita’s family showered her with blessings and gifts. Sandhya and Deepa were busy attending all the guests.

Some woman who was instructing about the rituals announced, “Now four women please come forward and hold this stole around Amrita and blessed her.” All started telling someone or the other to go ahead.

Someone from the crowd murmured to her neighbor, “Hope they will not call Sandhya for this ritual. It will not be considered good.” She said without realizing that Sandhya was standing just behind them. She felt terrible listening to these words and went away from the hall where the function was taking place. She doesn’t want to get embarrassed and humiliated. She started sobbing and stood in one of the corners so that no one can see her. She came back only after the function was almost over.

“Where did you disappear? Everyone was looking for you. What happened to your eyes?” Deepa asked her looking at her red eyes.

“Bhabhi… Actually, something went in my eyes and it was troubling me. So I just went to clean it.” Sandhya tried to cover.

“Ohh… Are you okay now?” Deepa checked.

“Yes, Bhabhi… I am fine.” But internally she was feeling miserable.

Same time Sushila called them. They both went there and the conversation ended.

Amrita went with her parents after the function. Few days left for the delivery and the only thing discussed these days is about that only. Alok knew Sandhya is disturbed and sad, so he thought it will be good for her if she goes away from this environment for some time.

“Mummy… I was thinking that if Sandhya can go to her parent’s house for some time. It is been long she met them.” Alok asked Sushila.

“Okay, Alok… She can go now. Once Amrita comes back with the baby, we need to take care of both. There will be lots of work when the baby will be in the house. So by the time she can go and come back.” Sushila gave her permission.

Alok told Sandhya and asked her to pack the bag.

Sandhya reached her house. It was a good change for her. She spent time with her mother and her sisters also came to meet her. She happily spent time with her nieces and nephews. She was youngest and everyone’s favorite aunty. One evening she went shopping with her sisters to the local market.

“Sandhya… How are you?” Suddenly she heard someone calling her from behind. She turned to see.

“Abha… what a surprise?? How are you?” Her school time friend was smiling at her.

“I am good. Long time. So how is life?” They hugged each other and the face beamed with happiness after meeting the old friend.

Sandhya told her sisters to carry on with shopping. Sandhya and Abha went to a coffee shop nearby and the never-ending talk between two childhood friends started.

“Wow, I never thought I will meet you here like this after so many years.” Abha said happily.

“Yes… I heard that you got settled out of the country.” Sandhya asked.

“Ya my husband is working abroad, so after marriage, I also moved. But 3 years ago we came back and now staying here only.” Abha told her.

“Ohh really… I had no idea about it. You know life changed so much after marriage. Even when I come here from my in-law's house, it’s just for a few days only. Hardly get time to catch up with friends. But now I know you are here, I will keep meeting you whenever I come.” Sandhya said.

“Yes, and next time we will not meet at the coffee shop. You have to come to my home.” Abha said smiling.

“Definitely.” Sandhya smiled sipping her coffee.

“So who all are there in your family?” Abha asked Sandhya munching some chips.

Sandhya told her about all the family members.

“So it must be a change for you after living abroad for so many years and now coming back here.” Sandhya asked Abha.

“Yes the change seemed challenging earlier but when I thought about the gift which we got after coming here, it looks very trivial change.” Abha said.

“The gift? Sorry I didn’t understand.” Sandhya looked puzzled.

“My baby… my daughter.” She said happily.

“Ohh wow… Congratulations. You are really blessed.” Sandhya felt happy but the next moment she started feeling uncomfortable with the thought what if Abha asked her about the baby.

10. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Wow. You narrate Indian rituals and women's mentallity very well. It is said that woman is woman's enemy. How a woman can humiliate another woman publically , even in her own house. Atleast they should empathize and comprehend place , time and occassion. Bt it happens. Now waiting for new chapter in hope some positive for sandhya.:clap2:

muggs and Adharv like this.