1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bubble Burst

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Dec 8, 2017.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Thanks for liking my snippet 'Bubble Burst.' Your kind words mean a lot to me.

Our mind has intricate ways of processing information using its own imagination and experience, but never as it is! Along the way, everybody will add their own bit to the narrative and in the end, the final product will be too distorted compared to its original self, as in the game, the Chinese whispers. Even today, with photoshopping, special lens and their effects, even nature gets a coat of fresh makeup! Any wonder, these famous places leave us disappointed?

satchitananda likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Geeta,

Your snippet is a delightful read as it brought out all the memories of your young age from the angle of a child. Kana language is very popular in every household those days. Even today, we speak here at home to make sure our pet Orion doesn't understand what we say. Listening to the stories from epics is a great pass time and nothing can replace that wonderful time. Your dad certainly knew how to engage the minds of his children.

It is unfortunate that you didn't see the golden jewels and bangles on the street of Mysore and it looked similar to Bangalore. Don't worry. You can still see the wedding of the newest king in a YouTube video with all attendees wearing very attractive jewelries. If you like to watch ancient golden ornaments, you can also watch Anandapadmanabha Swami Temple treasure in YouTube.

Despite your disappointment, we experienced a great joy reading this snippet.

Viswa

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

Vishwamitra,

Thanks for these nice comments.

"Even today, we speak here at home to make sure our pet Orion doesn't understand what we say. " lol! Loved it.

Thank God! Jewels don't facinate me anymore. Then it was the creative imagination that dipped my moods, today it is the same that keeps my grey cells ticking.

4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear Geeta
    Wow wonderful narration. Childhood memories are sweeter than anything. KA language is used as a code word in my school days Just to make fun with other class friends .Accept my late response dear.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. GeetaKashyap

@periamma

Thanks a million for appreciating my snippet, Bubble Burst. I think pre-eighties people are familiar with these language experimentations and the arrival of television changed many of these old practices. That disappointment of not finding my imagination meet the reality had stayed on with me for so many years. I am happy that I have let go of it now through this article.

periamma likes this.