1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bubble Burst

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Dec 8, 2017.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Thyagarajan

Wow! You know so much more about Mysore! You recollected so many nostolgic memories! NIMMA COMMENT TUMBA CHENNAGIDE.DHANYAVAADAGALU.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

@GeetaKashyap
    My brother was more prone to injuries, infact everyday he would come home with a bruised knee or an ankle.... which neither did he mind nor did we... Maybe that was the era, inspite of hurts, we would go about playing with friends....
    Everything was simple and if it was difficult mom was always there to help us....
    Every open ground, terrace, and whichever space available used to become ohr playing spots

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

@nandinimithun

Perfectly said! The younger hygiene conscious crowd will be shocked to know how we treated wounds while playing. We would apply a piece of paper or some sand on it and we were ready to play again. At home, parents would wash, dry and apply some ointment or sprikle some turmeric powder or coffee powder.:laughing:

nandinimithun likes this.
  4. nandinimithun

Haha so true @GeetaKashyap geets...
    Mostly it would be the same ointment at all the friend’s place:grinning:
    Yes, turmeric was the answer for many wounds.... :grinning::grinning:
    We never used to get two toys for me and brother, it was one toy and we were supposed to share and play.... which i think most of the time we did, though we did have our share of quarrels, which now brings a smile on my face....
    Fancy dress in school was fun, we used to dress up like police or a freedom fighter....
    We were happy with what we wore, never compared ourselves to others....
    Life was simple and choices was limited...
    Doordarshan channel was fun, especially on Sundays.... miss those days:grinning:

GeetaKashyap and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Higher caps thanks in Kasturi Kannada relished.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

@nandinimithun,

Feel free to address me as Geets, it is fine.
    :beer-toast1: We have a lot in common.:cheer:

Doordarshan and our craze for TV! I remember waiting for OLIYUM OLIYUM for film songs! (In the beginning the relay used to be from Madras) And waking up early on Sundays to catch Hindi film songs! Was it Chitrahaar? Watching anything and everything Doordarshan dished out!!! Haha.. Now I don't even watch TV!

Nandini, write about these memories, it will be fun.

And thanks a lot dear for nominating me for FP.

nandinimithun likes this.
  7. nandinimithun

Yay thanks geets... yes we sure seem to have lot in common:relaxed:
    Yes Sundays was fundays, even the advertisements were good... they had some kind of an emotional touch to them....
    Chandrakanta, surabhi, regional movie all these were part of our Sunday...
    Ya right i think it was chitrahaar, hindi songs....
    On Sundays we used to wait for the regional movies, because it was in alphabetical order....
    Mom would prepare special food on sunday, and it was aptly a fun day... with yumm food, good time....
    How can i miss the joy of writing letters to cousins, staying in different cities... the excitement of writing, posting, and finally waiting for a reply....

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  8. nandinimithun

Geets,
    You dont have to thank me for nominating your post, it deserves it dearie....
    Am sure those who have nominated your post will agree with me....
    Keep writing dearie

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    GeetaKashyap likes this.
  9. GeetaKashyap

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

What a wonderful narration! Those days of innocent enjoyment, a relatively leisurely life-style, travels with the family and the fancy stories told by parents and other elders .....

The pen is indeed mightier than the sword. So too stories imagined vividly in the mind have a way of painting different images in different minds. No wonder you found the Mysore of your dreams and the real Mysore poles apart. I was equally disappointed when I visited the Taj (I am sure people must think I am mad) but the image I had in mind and the yellowed marble which I saw truly had nothing in common. Nor was the dirty stream flowing behind anything like the Yamuna of my imagination. The same disappointment awaited me when I visited the Eiffel Tower. Similarly, the Britain painted in my mind by Enid Blyton, PGW and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle bore no resemblance to the UK I visited, nor was the English in London anything like the language they wrote.

GeetaKashyap likes this.