1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Brothers Marriage Life In Trouble

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by aishu909, Aug 8, 2017.

1. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Ask your brother to ask SIL for divorce.
    Sil should no stay in marriage if she does not want anything to do with husband except using marital status.

Ask your brother to stop his drama and go for divorce

Sandycandy likes this.
  2. aishu909

aishu909 New IL'ite

Friends..Let me try for counselling ..and also let him move back to his wifes place first.

3. blissfulmember

blissfulmember Senior IL'ite

Dear OP,

Your brother needs healing. He seems to be in some form of depression.

His thoughts and emotions seems to be in turmoil. In this state one cannot take a decision and somehow mind and body get addicted to this negative cycle. He can't break free from this alone.
    Only counselling will help. Forget about SIL , sexual problems, kids etc.

He is probably suffering from low self esteem, might have hurt from his wife, resentment from life and guilt from his own fault.
    He needs to be in a healthy state of mind first. Once he is stable enough he can take firm decision.

4. aishu909

aishu909 New IL'ite

Hello Friends

My brother has resigned his job and he is trying his level best to get his family back. I knew friends that how much hard it will be to win my SIL heart again. I don't know if she will be ready to accept anytime in his lifetime.

But as of now, he has decided to stay in the city where she is living. But I told him to take another apartment and live .

He is pleading her a lot for his guilt. He is a changed man now..I am not saying this as a sister ..But my question is -- If a man did a mistake in life and cheated his wife and later on if he has repented for his mistake and asking for one single chance to prove himself ...will any one in this world will be ready to give him a chance ?

5. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Don't worry everything will be alright. Pray at ur best.

6. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

answer to your question is yes if they really love each other..
    time is only solution as talks may raise some more issues and they may land hurting each other more

7. aishu909

aishu909 New IL'ite

Thanks Sweety 82.

Currently he will be staying in another apartment . We don't know how to convince my SIL by staying in another apartment.

How can he talk to her for pleading her guilt?

There is only one option now..to stay in another apartment and ask my SIL permit to have his son to stay with him for 1 hr a day.

and give her some time and wait for his life time...

is this possible practically ?

8. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Op..
    The process of repenting just started.. based on how he repents..the situation will mould..
    Chance to prove himself and repenting are same according to me. But plz dont assume that this change in ur bro mindset will melt ur Sil's heart. May be her heart is beyond repair..
    As many others suggested.. a third person(a counsellor) should show them the pros and cons of their decisions and how it will affect not just them, but their kid.
    I hope things take a positive turn and they get to trust each other again.

And remember that, focus should be on how he is correcting his mistake rather than on y ur sil is not accepting him. Dont fall into trap of " my bro quit his job and moved closer to her, then y is she not showing positive response. He did one move, next should be hers...etc"
    The process will take time.

sindmani, BhumiBabe and Sweety82 like this.
  9. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

There is only one option. As I said before, have a neutral(psychological counsellor) person to solve this. First if u r very particular in ur brother joining with ur SIL then u and ur brother talk with a counsellor first. Be honest and express everything the truth to the counsellor. Then ask for his help to correct ur brothers life. After his approval (u have to talk nicely. No option) u request ur SIL to come to counsellor and bring ur brother also. Somehow get her approval for this and let both of them talk with the counsellor to come to a decision. Hope this will help. Even after this if ur SIL still doesn't accept, nobody can help. But let us hope for the best. I hope Dr. Saras bhaskar and Vijay nagaswami both are good in family counseling. All the best.thanks.

10. aishu909

aishu909 New IL'ite

Thank you Sweety 82. I will try to contact them. I will try to arrange an family counselling. First I will try with my brother. and then I will try with my SIL.

Sweety82 likes this.