1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Brothers Marriage Life In Trouble

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by aishu909, Aug 8, 2017.

1. aishu909

aishu909 New IL'ite

Hello All

My Brothers Marriage life is in very serious trouble. His wife is not at all interested in sexual life . He is been married 8 years now and they have a son.

She is very independent and bought up like a boy. She works and does all the house hold jobs .But when It comes to intimacy , she is not interested.

My brother is not happy with her. He stays far away and works in another Country. He comes very 3 months to his wifes place and still they both does not have that intimacy.

I have asked my brother to move back to his wifes place completely. But Its difficult to get a job in the wife place. He was been complaining about this to us few years back . But we did not involve because this is very very sensitive issue. But my brother recently told me that he started going to other women for sex.

I was shocked and very very upset. I do not want his life to be in trouble.

Now, We bought this issue to our parents and they are also very upset and not able to digest all these .

My brothers says that she can not be a good wife to me . But she can be a very good friend. he says will continue the relationship with her as good friend. he says that, he was the only one who admired her all the time. she is not interested in him. but not sure why she married him.

he still wants to stay with her. I told him to divorce and start new life. he is 37 year old. But he is not listening to me.

My only concern is - he is spoiling his health by going to other women. but this time, he promised me that he will not go to other women . But not sure for a male , is this possible ? can they stay with out sex?

I am totally worried about him. friends, please suggest me how to handle this issue,

Please suggest me how to solve this issue.

I wanted to talk openly to my brothers wife but she is not talking to me anything. we both are very friendly always. She talks everything to me except these matters.

please tell me how to resolve these disturbances. How can I control my brother?

He was very upset for doing that mistake of going to other women .so he was thinking of making surgeries for not getting those feelings . I am very very upset after hearing all these from him..

friends...please please help me.

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Show him a video about different kinds STD's , first of all. Secondly, he needs to talk it with the wife and go for counseling .

Satlak and Archanaanchan like this.
  3. aishu909

aishu909 New IL'ite

She is not interested in going for counselling. Should I go one step forward and talk to her ? I wanted to know whats the problem from her side? as a lady, I wanted to know her inner feelings about my brother and their life.

I am scared that if she gets angry when i talk all these , then she will take revenge on my brother. He is also scared of her.

4. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

@aishu909 I am really surprised that you are worried for your brother only and what about his wife.
    There might be some reasons which they should talk to each other that too alone without anybody else around them.
    We really cant blame any of them no one can really get what is wrong in both of them.
    They should go for counselling and make them aware its impact on child.

sindmani likes this.
  5. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

Your brother and sil have reached a platonic state now because of years of not being intimate ... no amount of counselling can kindle desire in your sil or supress desire in your brother..and its not healthy to go against their natural desires also.. i reallly dont think there is any other solution except for your brother to legally divorce her and find another partner who desires him. Since he is in good terms with her they can share custody ... i am a feminist but inyentionally withholding intimacy by either husband or wife is equally a valid reason to separate.. marriage is not meant to be a brother sister kind of relationship

dia3, Satlak, vrikshakadali and 3 others like this.
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

This is probably a good solution but the brother should FIRST get tested for STD's before he decides to remarry or even work things out with his wife . There is no guarantee that the new wife will match up to what he is looking for , so it's first best to try to work it out with his wife first.

sindmani, Archanaanchan and Shreema86 like this.
  7. aishu909

aishu909 New IL'ite

But he is not agreeing for divorce. He says he loves his kid like anything and he will sacrifice all for his kid.

Not sure , how practical to control the sexual desires . He is asking me if there is any surgery for not getting those desires.

Parents are saying that if he is not ready to marry again then it is his karma. we can not help him.
    God..No One should get this problem !!!

8. aishu909

aishu909 New IL'ite

Friends,

I have decided to go one step forward and discuss this issue with my brothers wife.
    My husband says that I am involving too much . But I should do this for my brother right ?

9. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, I honestly believe there may be a strong reason why your brothers wife is not intimate with your brother. There was intimacy , proof is their child. But not now.. may be your sil know your brother wandering with other and may be scared of STDs ( May be right or wrong..just a wild thought). Only after knowing the real issue one can help them much.

Unless both of them dont open up, others cannot help. I am sure both of them know the real reason, but may not be ready to reveal or discuss.. They have to decide what they want in their life..

If your brother was really in love with his wife he should have talked with her or make her comfortable or seek professional help/ medical help to solve the issue. If its it is not working he would have gone for divorce.. That would have been the right way. Instead he started cheating. That is not acceptable. Let them decide what they want .

10. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

Do you think your interference is going to help in any way, what can you say anyways ..instead it's going to create a even bigger mess.

dia3, Satlak, sindmani and 2 others like this.