1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bringing Up a baby boy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by MOHANAPRIYARANG, Feb 3, 2012.

1. MOHANAPRIYARANG

MOHANAPRIYARANG New IL'ite

Hi Ilites,
    I am a mom of 2 months old boy baby.I want to bring my baby as a responsible and great citizen.Are there any suggestions and tips from mom's who have boys?

2. fudge

fudge Senior IL'ite

Appreciate the fact that you want to raise a responsible citizen but relax. He is still a baby there is nothing you can teach him right now. If you want your son to be responsible, pleasant, soft spoken you try to cultivate those habits if you do not have those. Because children are not good at listening but at following. Whatever you want your son to do, you do. For eg..If you want your son to read lot of books you cultivate the habit of reading. In short live the life you want your son to live he is sure to follow your footsteps.

2 people like this.
  3. MOHANAPRIYARANG

Hi fudge,
    I agree.. We both are in same page..I raised this topic to get guidance from our experienced IL' ites which would help all new moms and mom-to-be

4. PriyaDominic

PriyaDominic Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    The Best way is taht parents should livea life in the way your kid want to be.
    Lead a life with values and strong faith in God. Kids are just copy cats.. they will absorb things faster than a blotting paper. in the small age itself try to explain things tothem when they do wrong and do not expect them to follow it from then on. Do not impose things.. but lead a lif to hich they will model after. As a Christian my mom used to impart strong faith in God and read out bible and saint stories. You can also pick out role models from the world and tell stories aboutthem to your kid..
    These are my thoughts...
    Regds,
    priya

1 person likes this.
  5. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Your son is still a baby...Your journey to motherhood just has started:)First thing is enjoy bringing him up day by day,enjoy all his growing stages.
    Parents are first role models for the child.They will just observe the environment around them and try to copy people around them so try to bring in some good habits and values right from the young age.These can be anything right from hygiene,praying,eating healthy food,helping others,respecting elders,being honest etc etc
    All the best and happy parenting

1 person likes this.
  6. MOHANAPRIYARANG

Thank you Soumedh and Priya..