1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bring the best and worst of your Mother-In-Law...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by spuppala, Nov 24, 2011.

1. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Okay Ladies...Now am gonna ask you 2 simple questions..You have to answer it very frankly...

1.Three best qualities of your Mother-In-Law you like the most
    2.Three worst qualities of your Mother-In-Law you hate to the core.

Dear MILs,

There is a chance for you too to tell the same about your dear Daughter-In-Laws...

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hey friends,i thought this would be interesting..no views even..okay i shall wait :)

3. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Spuppala

Start from your MIL.

4. sripree

sripree Gold IL'ite

The best qualities are

1. She is very open-minded
    2. She is extremely humorous
    3. She is very approachable and understanding

Bad qualities

1. Sometimes I feel she should be more assertive with her husband
    2. She doesn't spend enough time with me :( She's always busy :(
    3. She gets very emotional

I like her overall. She inspires me a lot. I'd love to achieve as much as she has achieved in her life, both professionally and personally. She's amazing!

5 people like this.
  5. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Sudha, Thanks for the response..Okay am kick-starting the thread hoping that you would continue it :)

Best in my MIL:-

1. She never gets jealous on others..she always treats my mother as her sister :)one should have a very broad mind to do this practically...she shares everything with my mom..thoughts,views,sarees,sweets :D
    2.She makes the environment very cool and lovely..She is very humorous and I laugh out loud for her jokes
    3.She is very fair at helping others.If my mother fall sick,she don't bother to travel long to look after her.

I know am praising her for she is being very kind to my mother..but after all what else we need? :) A good relationship with our family is enough to feel lighter :) What say?

Now the qualities which i don't like:-

1. A bit exhibitive which personally I don't like.But it might not look odd to others :)
    2. Gives more importance to other's comments..

Over all I have a very good relationship with her..Whenever I get turned off with her actions,i just recollect the lovely moments occured b/w us and soothe my mind :)

6 people like this.
  6. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Sripree,

Welcome to the thread dear..

Good to know that you MIL is very open minded and humorous.Looks like she resembles my MIL :)
    Hmm..as long as she is good to us no problem..HAHA..Good..you wanna spend time with your MIL..people like you very rare dear..Good good..So is she a working woman?

MIL,Getting emotional is somewhat good only right..She would be capable of responding to us in need.

Good that you like her very much.Please share the success story of your MIL as she seems to be your inspiration :)

7. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Yew... I am the first one to reply.... here it goes,,

Best 3 qualities..

1. Very Very Hygienic..even banana will be washed before eating..:)

2. Very organised, her clothes will be so neatly arranged, all her sarees neatly starched and ironed just one look at her ward rope is a real treat to our eyes.

3. Carries herself very well, dresses accordingly to the occasions, if it is a wedding then it will be rich kanchipuram saree , her hair do will be decent knot with jasmine flowers around it and grand jewelry, and it is some simple function then it will be a Gadwal cotton saree with light jewelry, I have secretly admired her way of dressing:thumbsup.

Worst 3 qualities

Actually the list is endless but still I have sorted out 3...

1. Never thinks a second if her words or statement is going to hurt anyone, she simply blurts out like a volcano and it will be mostly to me and my people (dad, mom & sisters)that to in a gathering and never realize that she was wrong.

2. Hardly in a good mood, I have not seen her happy and content, she will have every reason to brood, according to her everyone in the world will have negative qualities except her..:bonk she will keep complaining about some body or the other to my poor FIL who will be a silent listener.. she use to keep talking only negative things which indirectly took a toll on her health.

3.Never never appreciates me not even in a single occasion. If she likes any dish she will help herself for a second serving, if she likes my way of dressing then she will try to copy, when some one appreciates me for something then she will immediately talk about her daughters and say they are far more better then me.... ..... list goes on

4 people like this.
  8. sripree

sripree Gold IL'ite

Yes, my MIL is a working woman. But she takes at least 10 mins to speak to me everyday. I want to spend more time with her because that way I can get to know more about my partner. I have known her since I was a little girl and so she knows all my ups and downs. My MIL is my mom's best friend actually. They studied together since 6th standard and also went to same college. In fact, my MIL had eloped with my FIL and my mom was the only person present apart from 2 family elders when they got a secret marriage done!

Since I know my MIL since I was very little and our families have a good rapport (touchwood), it has been easy for me to get along with her. My partner is my MIL's only son so she looks at me like her own daughter.

My MIL is my inspiration because she struggled very hard financially when she started her life wit my FIL. Both of them married against their families wishes and had no support from them. My MIL also has a bed-ridden MIL who cannot do anything on her own. For 25 years of marriage, she has not had any opportunities to have fun with my FIL because of care responsibilities of her MIL. They have never been on an extended holiday because they have to feed her (my MIL's MIL) and clean her up.

Despite having very humble beginnings, she has managed to save a lot and give my partner an amazing childhood and education. My ILs love their son and have made so many sacrifices for him. They treat me as their own daughter and always respect my wishes. They never impose anything on me. Even when she needs to teach me something, she does it very gently. She never has a single rude word to say. Her policy is that people will understand what they need to do if you set an example.

She never asks me to do this or that, she does whatever she needs to do and I just learn from her. She is very assertive and very street smart also. She can multi-task and can manage the household so well. She really is a big inspiration for me and I look up to her. I have so many things to learn from her. She is very young at heart and wherever she is, she always makes people laugh with her humor :)

14 people like this.
  9. sripree

sripree Gold IL'ite

I really feel blessed when I read all the horror MIL stories on IL.

1 person likes this.
  10. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Yes sripree... u r truly blessed...

If only my MIL had 10% of those qualities i think I would have considered myself lucky..

It is so heart warming and pleasant to read stories of good MIL.. I pray may their tribe increase...

4 people like this.