BrightRiders school Musaffah

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by Dinny, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

for KINDERGARTEN my list of schools in the order of their priority would be

1. Noahs ark Musaffah - has regular activities like sand pla,water play (summers only), they teach so much more than other schools,the teachers are very friendly and because its a kindergarten children are looked after well.

2. Brightriders- the school is yet to open but from what i have seen they are going to provide all sorts of facilities for indoor and outdoor activities.I hope it comes upto our expectations

3.ADIS - the school is old enough but the studies are poor specially girl section.but the fees is very low compared to other schools and they provide sports and other facilities too.but its far away from musaffah,children in musaffah have to catch the bus at 6:45am or earlier for ADIS and that too is a private transport i believe.

4.EFIA/BHAVAN's
    BHAVAN's - as i mentioned earlier i dont like their timings and no HW policy.rest i thing the school is fine enough.
    EFIA - because i have seen the teachers teach so much more and i think the school is trying very hard to bring in new things but yes constantly changing teachers is problem (though in 2 years, never has my son's teacher changed)
    5. Sunrise- i went there once and i realised the school was not upto the standard(that we expected).And after that many parents told me the same thing.After the school was expanded its quality of education has come down.

I am not even mentioning MODEL school.

2. fmifmi

fmifmi New IL'ite

In Bright Riders School brochure and website, the curriculum is mentioned as CBSE with ADEC activities for Life. Does anyone have idea about "ADEC activities for Life" ?

3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I read that but i am not sure what "activities for life means"...may be something like "work experience"(carpentry,clay modelling,Batik,tie and dye) classes that we used to have in our schools

4. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi, dinny

on what basis are u classifiying the schools. may i know it please dear.
    as a parents of kids studying in abudhabi we prefer the school to be well settled with all educational animities and follow up of all ADEC rules.so our kids are safe and do follow with the upcoming CBSE syllabus subjects.
    As u wrote about ADIS, the condition of education for girls i have to be against ur writeup.most of all the parents do prefer the school, in any chance if we dont tend to get a lottery we try for some other school.as to ur info if a school doesnot cope up with the studies and its term activities how can it get so many registrations.last yr the total no. of registered application were more than 4000 and only 980 got seats.
    Abt sunrise,just by visiting how can u conclude abt a school which is on term of its rising terms in ADEc grading for schools in AD.as a parent of kids studying in that school i may surely oppose ur suggestions dear. my kids are enjoying their school with all their activities and studies.some parents may feel they are burdening the kids with lots of study materials but i do feel the school and teachers give the kids enough time to makeup with all the subject works and all activities are homebased so the parents can get to know abt the subject matter being taught in class.and this yr i dont think the school has yet started with admission because of the star gradings to be provided to schools
    EFIA i think u might know much about the school as ur kids are already there
    Bhavans that is the first int ro for E-learning for Indian schools in Ad.so they charge for it. its purely on parents cons- where their kids to be enrolled.each school hasits plus and minus
    just by looking at any website dont jump to any conclusionn and then complaine.

5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Navis
    Woooh!! That was some gyaaaan you gave me.but my guess is you have not read my post properly.In the very beginning of the post i have mentioned that its "my list" and those schools are listed according to "my priority".And now i dont want to do a post mortem of your post.Let me tell you i have always maintained that i dont know how brightriders would turn out to be.And then why did you even jump into the conclusion that because i liked their website i am suggesting brightriders to everyone.Every parent has the right to choose a school which they think is right for their kid.This thread was started by me and i dont like such blame games here.I had not started this thread for that reason.

6. shinyasma

shinyasma Junior IL'ite

Thank you fmifmi for clearing my head and giving me a sense of direction. Funny thing is my house is VERY close (walkable distance) to Brigtht riders. I hope I get through! xx(fingers crossed)xx

7. shinyasma

shinyasma Junior IL'ite

Dear Dinny,
    First of all a BIG thank you for your response.
    1)Are you sure Noah's Ark has KG?? When I called them (Mussaffa) they said its only a playschool! Will double check on that..
    2)EFIA,,Well frankly speaking all the feedback i got for EFIA was very negative, so that was not even an option. But i guess what I conclude now is that for KG its great and higher classes, not so great. Ok will call and find about admission procedure tomorrow, but I have a bad feeling that I am aldready late :(

I was keeping a tracks from nov/dec dear..for bhavans i was looking at their abudhabi website whn i shud hv been looking at the middle east website (silly me). For ADIS & sunrise i was asked to wait till Jan. I came to know about bright riders only in Jan and the seats were (obviosuly) full.

Thank you once again for all your inputs. I am only shifting to MBZ in February, so where do you stay?? I have this dreaded feeling that I am going to a no-man's land bcz theres not even a grocery near my house :(

8. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hi shinyasma
    I am sure noahs ark has KG because my son did his preschool from there.And after preschool i had to shift him to a school because in kindergarten schools children over the age of 4 are not allowed.And by the end of preschool my son had turned 4.i dont remember whether its 4or 5 but the noahs ark admin had called me once to inform me about it.
    See you have enough time kgs in most schools are fine.Its only in the higher classes that studies are bad in most of the schools.So i would suggest you that right now take admission in any school for KG(as i said at kindergarten level almost all the schools are good enough).And wait for your child to finish KG2 by then new schools must have opened in musaffah.And because of the competition i am sure all the schools will now try to bring up their standards.
    Hmmm shinyasma about your house i wanted to know if you are shifting to a villa?? Because almost all the buildings have groceries here.Though because of the new adnoc's rule some of them have closed down.Thankfully for me my grocerywala will reopen after renovation.Well thats what he told us.Otherwise too there are many small supermarkets around in our area M-10 so about groceries i am not really worried.I am sure in Other parts of musaffah to there lots of supermarkets if not groceries around.
    By the way Bhavans is not actually bhavans on their board its "Private english school" or a similar name.try searching with that name online. Infact in 181 too if you call up and ask for bhavans then they eont be able to give you the number.try asking for Private english school(i am sure its a similar name)

9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Shinyasma
    One more thing there are lots malls around in musaffah these days.almost all branded items are available in delma mall and mazyed mall or if you go a little further then mushrif mall.Capital mall Will open soon.i dont remember when was the last time i went to abudhabi city for shopping.All i have to do is to drive down to the nearest mall and most of the times alone for shopping.Dont worry musaffah has changed a lot in past few years.

10. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Dinny - Tried sending you a PM, but I think it is full. Just FYI