Breast Redness, Burning Sensation During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Esh, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

Ladies,

This is my first pregnancy. I am about 20 weeks.

I developed overnight redness around areola on the left breast. There is burning sensation, pain and the inflamed area is also hot.

The very next day the right breast also had the same inflammation.

Worried I came to the doctor and I am put under antibiotics injections and antibiotic skin cream plus calamine lotion. The burning sensation has reduced and Nurses tell me the redness has reduced. When I check it I feel like it is still the same.

Doctor thinks it is part of pregnancy breast changes but it is very difficult to just take her word since I sat googling all night Long. Every time I searched all that came up was inflammatory breast cancer. So I am still having a terrible time that it is nothing.

Question is how common is this? Has anyone of you experienced something similar to this?

I am terrified that it could be something serious and that no one is taking any proper action on it.

Please advice.

Ramji83n likes this.

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

If the pain is reduced, then their treatment is working.
    Dont read Google on this. Dont worry.

3. aradhyamunjaal

aradhyamunjaal New IL'ite

As a new mom, nursing can be very challenging and with that comes redness, soreness and cracked nipples. Using in a nipple butter is a helps and gives instant relief, i have been using the one by the moms co and it worked for me.