1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Breast Pump Availability in Chennai

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by stella_cb, Feb 19, 2008.

1. stella_cb

stella_cb Junior IL'ite

Hi All,

I see that lot of valuable information available in this community and hence joined recently. My son is 2 months old and I would like to breast feed for atleast 6 months since I will be returning to work in April. I would like to get a good breast pump. But not sure of where it's available in Chennai. If someone knows the details please help me. I checked in Naidu hall but it's not available there.

Thanks
    Stella

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Stella,
    Welcome to IL!!! You can try any hospital that is near your place for the breast pump. If T.Nagar is close to the area you live in then try Maya plaza or Shakthi plaza, In Nungambakkam try Just Born,Bouncing Baby. In Adyar try Shanthi's, Baby Lou in Mylapore. If you need more info do let me know. Hope I have helped you.

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi Stella,
    Also Lifestyle (Citicenter mall) and Mothercare (T Nagar). Both are high-end though. I havent used them but have heard from many people that you need to get an electric kind - not manual - even if it a little more expensive.

Vanathi.

4. stella_cb

stella_cb Junior IL'ite

Thanks Janani, I enquired Just Born and it's available there. I'll buy one soon from there. Thank You

Stella

5. stella_cb

stella_cb Junior IL'ite

Hi All,

I got an Electric Breast Pump at JustBorn and used it for the first time today. I was able to collect 50ml.

Now I have doubts regarding feeding stored BM to my baby. I stored it in refrigerator and before feeding I kept the container in hot water and brought the milk to room temperature and fed him. But I could see some contents sticking to the bottle as well as in the milk like butter. Will it be like that? Am I doing it right? Please help me.

Thanks
    Stella

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

7. sugunasank

sugunasank New IL'ite

Hi Stella
    Can u please tell how much was the breast pump? We are planning to move to india. now iam 3 months pregnanat, i thought i would get pump from here itself , now i came to know that it is available in india. so happy about that. please write the price of it.
    Thank you
    Suguna

8. stella_cb

stella_cb Junior IL'ite

Hi Suguna,

It's available in different rates. I got one for Rs.2000/- There are costlier ones too. You can visit JustBorn and check out the various products available and choose the one you like.

Hope this information helps. Wishes to you for good health.

Thanks
    Stella

9. lakshmi.mani

lakshmi.mani Junior IL'ite

Hi Stella,

Can u tell me which brand you had bought and How is the pump now? I enquired in Mothercare it was around 5.5k.
    My baby is 4 months and my paed advised me to feed till 6 months and then start semi solids. So i would be using it only for 2-3 months..

Lakshmi.M

10. Yasmeen

Yasmeen New IL'ite

Hi,

Is this pump available in Pune-India?