1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Breast Pain One Week Before Periods

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by bhucat, Jan 30, 2018.

1. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Hi

For the past 6 months i have cyclic breast pain one week to 10 days before periods.

The pain is not constant but only when we touch them. Also mild burning sensation under arms. It persists till the periods starts and goes off. Again for the next cycle it comes.

When i go to doc she says it is common for some ladies and not to worry much. She gave vitamin supplements.

But i get scared when those days approaching..periods before ten days...mental stress piles up.

Any one facing these kind of cyclic pain..

I m 35 years old...delivered my sec child before 2 1/2 yrs n breastfeeded for 1 1/2 years. I had progesterone harmone injections during my pregnancy. I doubt whether this could be due to this.

Pl share ur experience.

GeetaKashyap likes this.

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

This is normal and happens to some women.If it bothers you so much get a second opinion .

Archanaanchan and bhucat like this.
  3. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Thnx for your response.

It is not paining too much but as it is new to me n never heard i was worried n went to two gynec. Both said it is PMS...but i do not know whether it is temporary or permanent.

Archanaanchan and Sandycandy like this.
  4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

It could be temporary because I have had it on and off. So don’t worry.

bhucat and Archanaanchan like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Last year all of a sudden even I experienced it right before periods. Was really scared . Later went to doctor . She said it may be due to hormonal changes. She prescribed with Evion vitamin e capsules daily for a month. Pain has reduced . Now I rarely get mild pain before periods .

bhucat, Sandycandy and Archanaanchan like this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Nothing to worry at all. It is due to hormonal changes. When Estrogen peaks ovulation takes place, ie, approximately mid month. Then on, the level of estrogen begins to reduce and progesterone levels begin to rise, in preparation for pregnancy. As the progesterone levels peak n drop (in the absence of pregnancy) you get periods. Increased progesterone gives a false pregnancy feel like, bloating, increase in the size of breasts, thickening of endometrium etc. So some minor imbalances and also the bodily responses cause PMS and breast pain.Hormanal levels keep changing with age.

Progesterone injections during pregnancy are given to maintain pregnancy if the body fails to produce sufficient amount on its own. So this cannot cause any problem later. Relax.

Vit E capsules, evening primrose capsules, fomentation, reduction of salt in food etc may help a little.It can be uncomfortable but mostly manageable.It is quite normal.

Google for in depth info.

7. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Take flax seeds may be a teaspoon daily, it will balance the estrogen levels.
    You will see the difference between the 2 cycles of the periods.

bhucat and Archanaanchan like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Consult your Gynec, she may prescribe tablets(Lacilactone etc) to reduce water retention. Within an hour of taking that tablet, you urinate excess fluid and get some relief.

9. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,
    Breast pain around periods is normal. Its also sign of coming periods. Every woman have different symptoms and I think as we grow older after delivery, all kind of pains increase. After my child birth, I go through all kind of pains which were almost none before kid.

breast tenderness, and pain,
    knee hurt a lot
    back ache
    gas ( i never had gas issues in my life before but I now i have)
    pimples on face.

With all the things hurting, I just pop an advil but I suggest to bear the pain if you can.

10. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

It's common I do get pains in my breast before periods.. would not happen before but started all of sudden then one of my friend told its just periods.. observe for next month too .. if the pain does not subside visit the doc..

bhucat likes this.