1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Breast Milk - Please advise

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Padminiramesh, Dec 27, 2009.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Padmini - Never let a 3rd person to take care of your baby or even bath him.. They may be careless also.. nevr do that dear.. always u bath him.. thats may give YOU A GOOD BONDING WITH YOUR LO ALSO

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  2. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Yes Anitha, I agree but I am not able to sit down and give him bath as my stitches are yet to be healed. Also the reason we had the servent maid is my mom was not keeping well in the initial days. Once his head position stands and i go to my MIL place, i shall take over. Anyways i wld be getting a bath tub this weekend for him...

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Sudha,

Thanks for the assurance.I will continue BM only.

Girls,
    I'm unwell...Having slight temperature and body ache.I'm damn scared to feed LO as i fear she will catch infection.My mom n granny was only having her through out the day and put her to sleep too..I fed her thrice from morning..

Is it an issue to feed LO when we are unwell??? Please help out girls....

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Please do feed your baby even when you are unwell. Your body will be making a lot of antibodies to fight against the invading bacteria/viruses. This will be passed on from you to your child through breastmilk and she will get the benefit of your immunity. Take care of yourself, hydrate yourself well... Feel better soon.

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

aishu, i had posted a link here a while back when i was unwell and still feeding zoey... and someone here had said that i shouldnt be feeding the baby, as she wld catch the infection too... well tikka has already mentioned and so i am just posting the link again for reassurance
    kellymom.com :: Should breastfeeding continue when mom is sick?

6. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Tikka and Poonam,

Thanks guys..I went to the doc.I was running temp 103.2F.Viral fever only.Feeling bit better now.Doc assured me what u guys told.He told me that i can still breast feed and be with the baby.

Thanks once again...

7. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Aishu, sending health vibes to u... Hope u feel better soon..

Vidyaa

8. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Vidyaa.Feeling a lot better now :)

Poonam,That link was very useful..Thank u girl!

9. AnithaPartha

Hey dear,

Dont do that.. You dont need to sit down and all.. In USA we usually buy a tub and give bath.. Am still waiting for summer to give him tub bath.. Till then sponch bath only.. but am not satisfied with this bath anyways.. also rithik crying in hunger whnever i bath him.. so quick bath :drowning

10. AnithaPartha

Poonam

It is not someone.. ITS ME !!!

Ladies -
    I called my doctor aunty immediatedly reading this info and asked her if I can do that..

She said I can bf if I have ONLY light cold/cough/light fever but STRICTLY NO if we have any high fevers..

My only concern is though we have any sickness its always better to double chk with ped twice/thrice & then feed our own LO's(that's my only concern for all dear ladies) :hiya. For some reason once I felt little body temp one day and I wrote in a paper - sick day and pasted on my LO's bottle and stored in fridge and didnt feed him that.. May be am so scared since am having a preemie

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010