1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Breast Milk - Please advise

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Padminiramesh, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I feel the supply of BM is coming down or it is not fulfilling my LO. I am really confused. From today morning Hayagreev is crying every 1 hr for milk and my BM supply is not coming up for his need. I think he needs more and my supply is not meeting his need. Please advise on how to manage this. I am planning to talk to my Pead tomorrow, but i am not sure what he is going to say.
    When are we supposed to introduce formula milk with BM? Is it ok to introduce formula this early?. I am asking this because i cant see him cry for milk and i am really feeling bad, as a mom i am not able to fulfill his need. I am really confused.
    Please advise.

2. paddubala

paddubala Silver IL'ite

Hello Padmini,
    I think it is one of the growth spurt days...Those days the baby tends to feed continuosly...You eat well and hang on there..dont give up breastfeeding...Eat more garlic and black pepper...it should help you...BM is basically supply and demand...so the more the baby demands, the body will keep up to supply...

3. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Padmini,
    Quick pointers:
    kellymom.com :: My breasts feel empty! Has my milk supply decreased?
    kellymom.com :: Increasing Low Milk Supply
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/b...feeding/32658-baby-boy-cries-always-food.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/b...la-feeding/2733-how-get-more-breast-milk.html
    :thumbsup
    I think you are producing enough for your baby, hang in there, may be growth spurt. Baby demanding more means, there is more demand for your BM, supply is proportionate to demand. Hence the supply too would increase eventually :)) Be happy:cheers Go by on-demand feeding.

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini, i feel u shouldnt worry, and i strongly believe like others that he is undergoing a growth spurt.
    i remember zoey those days feeding every hour sometimes even every 45 mins... and so i felt like i am feeding her round the clock!
    is he having enough wet diapers? if he is , do not worry
    also this could be his way of combating any minor illness of any or if he is going to go through.... even say common cold... they do that

another thing is, this is natures way of increasing ur milk supply.... i am sure u know its a supply demand thing. the more demand, the more u will produce....
    so my suggestion wld be dont give him formula just yet.if u think he is dehydrated, he wont even be urinating as much....
    u might want to talk to his paed, for ur peace of mind... but this is just one of those passing days.... he will be on routine soon

5. Padminiramesh

Thanks so much Pon and Poonam.
    He was normal yesterday, but today he didnt even slept for a minute and kept crying from 10.00 AM till 7.30 PM, and i was feeding him all the time :-(...the one sad thing is he was crying while sucking also. I was really worried and its by bad that his pead is out of station and he is not reachable :hide:. I changed his dress by 7.30 and all of a sudden he kept quite and started playing. But i checked his dress every hour when he was crying to chk for any insects. I think he didnt like the dress :).

Yes poonam, I am changing his diaper every 1-2 hrs and it is wet. But he is not pooping in the night for the last two days and only twice in the day time. Previously twice in the night and 3-4 times in the day. I am not sure whether he has any illness in his stomach. Waiting for my pead to come 2morow.

6. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

Padmini, for my daughter also after 1 month or so, she was not pooping in the night. That should not be a concern.

7. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Padmini, Change of dress, change of mommy's dress(believe me,!), Change of room, lighting, temperature, even change of a bedspread would calm them down. Sometimes all of this too wont help! Nothing is sure! And thats how babies are!:thumbsup

8. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Even my Rithik also cries for no reason even after full stomach..
    But he cries a little and he consoles himself and keeping him calm.. my parents say he is so sweet lik his dad seems :)

my dh is always smooth and soft guy.. i think son is like dad.. :rotfl

9. Padminiramesh

Hi Ladies,

Hayagreev's Pead checked him and told that water got into his ears and he got cold :-(. He had shampoo bath on Monday and that caused the problem.
    He gave E-Cold and another syrup, with that he is staying calm from yesterday evening. OMG, how many medicines for this little kid... he is already taking ECO-C and Lycomet...and another one for Colic...

10. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Are you using bath tub to give your LO a bath?? We are giving Rithik sponch bath only.. i just want to know how comfy babies are...