1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Breast Cancer - what we should know?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by kavya, Oct 16, 2005.

1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Breast cancer-warning!-Dont miss it.

Dear IL,
    Last week when I was reading "Anandha vikatan" ,I saw a Website published in it.It was a blog started by a lady Anuratha, who was infected by "BREAST CANCER" .She described all her agony part of her cancer life in a detailed way.All the ladies should go through it.But the only draw back is she explained in TAMIL.So if any IL found this to be a interesting piece and if they are interested in translating in english,I gladly welcome the concern person.This is going to be a social work.So I welcome IL to take step...
    And the link for the site is
    www.anuratha.blogspot.com
    Dont forget to check it out!!!

2. iindus_17

iindus_17 New IL'ite

Re: Breast cancer-warning!-Dont miss it.

hi
    its very painful after reading her experience.her article contain lot of info about breast cancer.Every women must read it

3. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Dear iindus_17,
    Even I finished reading her whole blog.Its a tragedy.Thanks for following the link.

4. VasumathyBalaji

VasumathyBalaji Senior IL'ite

Dear Indus Ladies

After reading the Article - Breast cancer info!!!!!!!!!! and the blog of Anuradha, i started praying to GOD only for good health. We canearn money any time but the Health??????

So IL's please be aware of Cancer!!!!!!!!!!

vasu

5. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi,

If someone can translate this in English then i am sure it will be a great help to all the ILs.

Roopa.

6. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear ILadies,

I got to read her blog very recently. Can't even imagine her sufferings. Very painful to gothrough.

It was 12 a.m when I saw it. I started reading it immediately. It was 1.30 a.m when I finished. I couldn't sleep for a long time. There are a lot of people who suffer from something or the other, in the same world we live. What are we doing for them?
    I felt very guilty. I decided to call her the next morning. I talked with her as I decided.

Inspiteof all her agony, she wants to create a worldwide awareness about this disease. In the 50+ age, her social awareness is amazing. She asked in the conversation, 'We are thinking about creating an awareness. Need all your suggetions'. One of her blog entries talks about this view of her. Her last blog entry says that her bone scan is normal.

I would like to translate her writings. It is very big. Probably, some of us can do it together. So that everybody gets to read it asap.

Please, friends, visit her blog once and suggest her your ideas, though you can't read. She would be overwhelmed.

Actually, I visited the health forum to open a thread about her goal. Thanks to Nalini.

Dear Malathy, the loving Induslady!

We are lots of Tamilians here. If we all work together, it will be done in hours. Please, work out a plan. I would like to join in translation. Even, if one IL'ite translates one post, we won't need more than 50 IL'ites.

Again,

Please, friends, visit her blog once and suggest her your ideas, though you can't read.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oviya,

As mentioned in the PM, please do take lead in gathering those Tamilian IL'ites here who would be interested in doing the translation works of Anuratha's breast cancer awareness blogs.

If Anuratha wants to host those translated blogs in English in IL, I would be glad to welcome her to join our community by registering. We can provide her the blog access for having her own blog space here.

Thank you.
    Malathy

8. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Thank you Malathy..I'll try to gather the IL'ites..

I'm going to mail her...

I sent another PM to you.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  9. Brammi

Brammi New IL'ite

Dear ish,

padikkave romba kashtama irukku inda blog i . Thanx for sending this awareness blog .
    regards
    brammi

10. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

thank you brammi