1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bread and Vetha Kuzambu wow yummy combination

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 22, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

As long as we have memories, yesterday remains. As long as we have hopes, tomorrow awaits. As long as we have relationship, each day is never a waste.
    Unknown quotes | added by: EwshyCrazyness

Some memories are realities, and are better than anything that can ever happen to one again. You must have tasted bread with butter or cheese, bread upma, bread sandwich and what not but have you ever tasted bread with vetha kuzambu. Its very yummy. First time I had it in my cousin sister's (athai's daughter) house and from that time I have become very fond of it. She prepares yummy vethakuzambu which is very thick and if you have with bread or bread toasted with butter it is very yummy. Thinking of bread and vethakuzambu brings me sweet memories of the days I spent with my cousin during my working days and also some sad memories as she did not get a daughter in law according to her choice. She is very beautiful and also has a good heart. Usually I have seen good mother in laws dont get perfect dils. This is my experience.

The sweet memories I have is before her son was married. I used to work near her house. So many a times I used to go for lunch to her house though we had only half an hour break. We used to share our lunch , not only lunch also we used to exchange our sarees. She is a very beautiful lady and also has a good heart , always ready to do anything for anyone. If we go to her house in the morning she used to give us yummy breakfast, yummy lunch and will not leave us till the evening without having yummy snacks and coffee. Her hospitality was very nice, so everyone used to like her a lot.

I remember once I had to go for work on a Saturday. I did not want to leave my mom and daughter at home as everyday mom used to look after my daughter and Saturday also she has to look after I thought it will be good if I take her also and leave her in cousin sister's place and then go to office. We had to go by train. She got into the train but I could not get in, luckily I had presence of mind to tell a lady to help my mom to get down at Dadar. That day was a rainy day too. The trains were delayed and I was so worried till I got down at Dadar. Luckily the lady who helped her to get down was a malayalee and told my mother to sit in the platform till Icome. Only when I saw my mom I felt happy.

My cousin sister was like my own sister and I always used to share my problems with her.

After my cousin sister's son got married, the days were not the same as her dil was not so social type. She never used to like us exchanging sarees. I used to feel sorry for my cousin sister but she used to adjust with her dil. She lost her husband also some years after her son got married, so I used to feel very bad for her. But she used to be always smiling and never used to show her worry or complain about her dil

Never blame anyone in life
    good people give happiness
    bad people give experience
    worst people give lessons
    and best people give memories

2 people like this.

2. AArchana

AArchana Gold IL'ite

So sweet post viji ma!!! "and best people give memories " loved this line very much!!!
    The bonding between our cousin sisters are one of the sweetest bondings ever.. Myself and my cousin sister are as close as friends.. But now after her marriage nothing is smooth.. Missing those old days.. Your post reminds our bonding!! Such a lovely sisterhood friendship bonding that was!!!

I would say the relation is like bread and vathakulambu combination :)

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you
    Aarchana dear for your sweet and first fb. Glad you also have a good bonding between you and your cousin sister. I can never forget the good old days and the sweet memories I had with my cousin sister. She was a gem of a person. Liked you rlast line very much, very true

1 person likes this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I woouldn't dream of vatha kuzhambu with anything other than steaming hot rice with sesame oil, keerai masiyal and paruppu thogayal. Bread? I am sorry but east (VK) and west (Bread) just don't meet here. But well, to everyone his or her taste.

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Balajee dear I know most people like vetha kuzambu with steaming hot rice with nalla ennai and paruppu thogayal , its my favurite too. But from the time I had bread with vetha kuzambu that also has become my favourite as a snack item. True each one's taste is different and might be because I am staying in West like this combination. I enjoy any food item as I am a foody