1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Brain drain

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Sep 14, 2011.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Brain drain​

I was just opening the Internet and was checking the mail. My DH was reading the newspaper sitting in a chair nearby.

He said,” It seems nowadays you are not posting anything in your favourite site except Bhagavad Gita in Tamil. What happened? “

I said,” Brain drain.”

“Hey! What brain drain has got to do with it? Brain drain has not new to our country. It is going on since a long time. Those IITians and the prestigious IIM guys were always grabbed by the top foreign companies. But now why should you think and worry about it?”

I retorted, “I am talking about my brain. I can’t think of any good topic to write even after raking my brain for so many days.”:bonk

“Ha ha ha” he had a good hearty laugh. [​IMG]

He might have been thinking why this lady should worry about brain drain as if she had brain. All along she was only grinding the same flour which was ground (அரைத்த மாவையே அரைக்கிறது). She was only rewriting the biographies of alzwars, acharyas and saints of the yester years.

He said aloud, “Have you done with vaishnava azwars and acharyas? If you like I’ll give you one suggestion.”

“Go on. I am all ears” said I. [​IMG]

“Now why can’t you start writing about the Saivites 63 Nayanmars? You can drag it on for at least 6 months.”

“Oh! I am dejected with You and your wonderful suggestion! Already people are fed up with my Religion and Spirituality write ups. Lots of new youngsters had joined IL and they all have a good control over language and they got lots of pep in their write ups. Having become old I think my brain cells are having a slow death. First I have to revive them. Then I will think about writing. But I doubt whether I could do it after crossing seventy. I think I’ll take a brake and let the IL friends relax for some time from the boredom of reading my write-ups.

(I can visualize my IL friends heaving a sigh with great relief.)

Beware! I might bombard you with my write up sooner than you think if I get another boring topic!:hide:

8 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa Mami

Glad Icould give the first fb. Everyone here like your write ups. What if youngsters have come. They would like to read the write up of seniors and here everyone enjoys reading good write ups. They like to listen to your experiences. Noone is bored of your writing. Who says after seventy you cant write. There are youngsters here who love your write ups and also your write up on Religion & Spirituality.

The size of candles may differ but they yield the same brightness. It is not the matter of you being more than seventy but your ability that shine. Your smileys are too good.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa Mami

This is the 3rd time I am giving the fb. Hope this time my fb gets posted.

Glad that I am able to give the first fb. Who said you cant write after seventy. You are still young and your thoughts are also young. People here like the threads you have started in Religion and Spirituality. Dont stop writing.

The size of candle may differ but they yield the same brightness
    Its not the matter of your age but your ability that shine

4. ashmitha1508

ashmitha1508 Silver IL'ite

Hi pushpa ma... As a young ILite i always love reading write ups about region and spirituality:).. So please continue your writing... Atleast we will get a knowledge of our religion and spirituality by your write ups...

5. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Pushavalli Ma'am,

We are waiting for more from you!

No Brain Drain for someone who has a sense of humor-that too ,to laugh at oneself...So not to worry!!!

6. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Hi Pushpa Mami,
    I'm one of the youngsters in IL and here is my humble opinion. It doesn't matter how young or old one is. It is always one's style of writing that makes a thread/post readable or non-readable. For me, I like posts which are gramatically proper, be it English or Tamizh. And I prefer elders' posts as they both have valuable content and good English. I'm not a big fan of the sms/chat style messages going around these days. In fact, even when I sms, I use full English terms only and not the shortened versions. There are still people like who like good-old-plain reading.
    I'm so envious that at this age, you are still young at heart and writing actively. I do hope that you get a brainwave on some topic soon. :)

Regards,
    Kottravai

7. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Pushpa ma,

Wonderful writing!!! Very humourous while reading and the smileys are apt!!..

Gold never looses its pride at anytime....so you are always there shining!!!

8. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Dear Pushpa Mami,

I am so happy to read that Mama is inspiring you to write....Happy Living Together.

Mami- Yeh dil maange more...so please post soon. Waiting to absorb something new...We all love your writings

Love,
    Parvathi.

9. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

We youngsters are happy and proud to know about our religion and I am so glad that there is someone to guide on this path! Please do continue writing!!

10. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pushpavalli ma'am,
    A lot of us can write, but only very few can write genuine, authentic, interesting posts on subjects like religion and spirituality. Every great writer goes through writer's block and it is not a complete drain. Please keep sharing/writing more!