Boy Babies Will Be Born Earlier Than Girls ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by keerthinathan24, Jun 29, 2016.

1. keerthinathan24

keerthinathan24 Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends
    I have a query ... Many of my friends are telling that boy babies will be born earlier than the girls i.e. Ten or twenty days before due dates ?....
    Is it medically proven fact or our paatis prediction goes on like this ...!
    Clarify ...,
    - krithi

2. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Dunno know if there is any science behind it, I was told that too. But both my daughter and son were born 2 days after the EDD and gave my brother and hubby a chance to mock me - " never on time" :anguished:

keerthinathan24 likes this.
  3. keerthinathan24

Hi Sunpa
    Ha ha ...funny reply u gave ...

U know what made me to ask this above query ... Iam carrying my second baby... N expecting boy baby....
    As my first was a girl born two days after my due date.... My family members n friends advised not to be leisure thinking like previous delivery.... Telling that boy will be born 10 or 20 days earlier than EDD.... So Iam excited upon his arrival time .... And posted my query here...

4. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    they say second delivery is expected to be early than first one. but mine were first one boy exactly on due date and second one girl 2 days before expected due date. it depends on the position you are carrying too. second one was very low for me. enjoy your time now.

5. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations keerthinathan !
    For some of my family members that has been the case. But not me.

May I check if your first delivery was natural or c-Section? I am assuming it was natural otherwise the gyne would probably advise you to fix a date.If the first was natural, then for the second, the head will not engage till it is almost time so it would be hard to predict.
    I understand the excitement and tension. I started having Brakston Hicks contractions once or twice a day, almost a month before EDD, so every day I was like this is it. But he took his time

Anyways enjoy your pregnancy and stock up on sleep, he will come when he is ready :)

Awww, now you make me long for a baby :tonguewink:

6. Chocolatey

Chocolatey Gold IL'ite

Hi @keerthinathan24.. Congrats on your pregnancy.. :)
    Predicting due date based on gender is not scientifically proven. I had my daughter 15 days before EDD. Its an old wives' tale..

7. SCk

SCk Silver IL'ite

There is no evidence for the same

8. keerthinathan24

Hi to all friends here ....
    Thanks for ur wishes ... Ya mine first delivery was normal ... And it was funny too ... My parents came to UAE 10 days before my due date ... And the time when exactly I started getting my labor pain was midnight ... And they were in deep sleep n me didn't understand it was only that sweet n unforgettable pain ... I assumed that it was due to my intake of chicken shawarma in that evening without my moms knowledge... So afraid to wake up her and going n coming from toilet till early morning .... Then at last after gaining migraine I couldn't stop waking up her n telling about my full night toilet story...
    Then my mom shouted n told me that was the moment she was waiting for.... Then immediately rushed to hospital and my little girl came out within next four hours .....!....
    Friends .... Now you might have got the point y my family members alerted me about preparing for second delivery....!
    My cousins still criticize me how I carried out the pain in just visiting toilet whole night!....
    Why can't you people share your wonderful experience regarding your delivery story here...! We like carrying moms will get be boosted more na....

Krithi

Vasumathy likes this.
  9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Krithi,
    Its nice to ready your last labor experience. I now understand why are being dragged for early delivery. Generally second delivery tend to be early than the first one, its not the rule though. Anyway after crossing 36+ weeks, you can make yourself ready..