1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bowel movements of 22 month old toddler

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by desilady13, Nov 10, 2013.

1. desilady13

desilady13 Silver IL'ite

Dear IL's, I have a question and need some help, maybe some home remedies -

My 22 month old is an extremely extremely picky eater, and I have to constantly run after him to feed him. Literally none to very little food eaten by hand. Now my issue is - he has a bowel movement after almost every meal, morning, after lunch, and dinner. Mostly, 3-4 times a day. It makes me feel, I work so hard in feeding him and if he keeps pooping so many times a day, where will he get his energy from? He has hardly gained more than 1-2 pounds since 15 months and is constantly falling down his own curve. I know it is quite normal for toddlers to not gain much weight at this stage, but it just makes me feel whatever he is eating should at least digest well..

Any suggestions as to what I can do? Also I read and heard pooping 3-4 times a day is still common for toddlers, but would that affect his weight gain?

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Desilady

One reason he poops so many times could be because he doesnt do it well in one go.And dont worry body digests,assimilates and then removes the waste matter from the body.(I am sure you knew that already ;-))
    As first time moms we are always anxious and i dont blame you.
    But if your child is feeling uneasy while ppoping or if your child is inactive then it definitely is worrisome.
    But your child sounds healthy to me.